Wedding Woes

Vent

What is it with mothers when you say you would still like to have a kid, 2 out of 3 moms will say;;;

"It's more into than you think"

or

"It's a lot of work"

Like I don't know these two facts. So, you know what I say; "You did it."

That will usually shut them up. People say the same things about being married too. Like, I don't know that being a mom or married is going to bring challenges or not a cake walk.

Do they say this stuff because they think it will make me feel better or maybe they are having a bad day with their kids? I don't know, but what happened to encouraging words or just saying, "I hope you do one day."

It just happened, so I'm rolling my eyes over here. Plusalso, I didn't bring the subject up. You asked me.

Re: Vent

• So, you know what I say; "You did it."

unsaid re:their marriage/parenting choices: "and i regret it." 
  • there was a woman i used to work with who actually told me that she regretted having so many children so early in her life. oh, christmas party -- sometimes i wish you were alcohol-free!

it was tres awkward whenever i ran into her in the kitchen while she was refilling her coffee mug, which was covered in pictures of her children. well, tres awkward for me and i guess tres resentful for her.
  • Don't ask and when I give my answer you try to talk me out of it, or tell me all of the bad things about it? Really.

What's up with that?

• One day I hope you have both a husband and a baby! But, I think you should go ahead and work on the baby thing, you will be a great mom!!
  • Thankfully if I have ever had someone say that to me during my years wanting children I blocked it from my memory.   The only time I've ever said anything remotely like that was while trying to calm a mom-to-be friend down (ie, kids are a lot of work but I promise it is totally worth it!).
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • What an utterly crappy thing to say.  I love your response though. 

My mom told me she wished she had waited to have kids.  Since she was 22, 23, 24 with the first and 29 with me I just assume she's talking about the others.

• people are also crazy all "what do you mean you're not sure you're having children" who promptly flip flop to "HA, you'll live to regret it" when they find out there will be a kid.

People just like raining on parades for reasons I don't quite get.
  • GBCK said:

People just like raining on parades for reasons I don't quite get.
    i2i
  • GBCK, you're right. People also have not learned the art of not just saying something, just to say something. You can keep quiet, you know.
  • You do have a point.
  • people are jagoffs. 

you'd be a great mom, NOLA. 

considering that you're dealing with kids all day, I think you'd have a better understanding of parenting than a lot of people. 
  • Buffy was asked (by another kid, so no hairy eyeball from me) why she doesn't have siblings the other day.  She answered "because my mom has only been pregnant once, and that was when she had me"

It was a completely accurate, utterly useless and non-informative answer and I think I'm taking notes from her :)
  • Because whenever you want to do something ambitious, someone always feels the need to take you down. :(
  • One of the teachers at work told me she was pregnant on Friday. She asked me about being a mom and I told her how amazed she will be at how much she will fall in love with her child? How I fell in love with my husband all over again seeing him as a dad. Why would you focus on the negative? When I was pregnant with my daughter a woman at work tried that "you don't know how,hard it is". I asked her why she did it 3 times then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards