Wedding Woes

Morning?

Anyone here? 

I'm ready for a nap.  That's pretty much all I have currently.  

Re: Morning?

• I'm here.  I'm on the phone with my internet provider upgrading our speed.

After seeing a FB friend complain that the provider (same as ours) doesn't have any fast speeds available, I went online to look for myself (our current speed is the slowest).  We can get the fastest speed for $14 less than what we are paying now.  ::shaking fist::  How have I not looked at this before now?

This will definitely help when everyone in the house is watching netflix/playing the kindle/on the computer/playing video games at the same damn time.
  • I am thinking about topping out our speed and getting a signal booster.  The modem has to be with my work computer because it has to be hardwired.   My office is in the very front of the house.  We have good signal in the kitchen and upstairs because it's unfettered....Down in our living room is another story.  The tri-level-ness of our house can provide some challenges with wireless. 

DH wants to go back to cable.  He's missing his RedZone. I wish NFL Network would offer stand-alone access.  I'd pay $8 or $9 a month for that.  I've staved him off so far.  We'll see if I can keep him at bay all of football season. 
  • Oh also, my sister's last day of work is Friday and I would say she's definitely not going to make it to her due date.  I'm so darn excited.  I cannot wait to meet my new nephew.  :D 
  • we leave for Philly super early on Thursday, and I have basically nothing done. i'm going to try and cut out a little early today to see if i can pull a few things together. i hate packing at the last minute. (on the plus side, the weather there is going to be kind-of crummy, and pretty much all of my cooler weather stuff is already clean, so less laundry to do.)

• I took a mental health day yesterday, so I'm doing well today.
  • Oh also, my sister's last day of work is Friday and I would say she's definitely not going to make it to her due date.  I'm so darn excited.  I cannot wait to meet my new nephew.  :D 
    Yay for new baby goodness!

I feel like I shouldn't complain about the rain.  We have (or maybe had?) a drought, so any rain is good, and more is better.  But it's getting a little old.  It rained on and off Friday and Saturday, all day Sunday and yesterday, it's raining today, 50% chance tomorrow, 20% Thursday, 90% Friday, 80% Saturday.  Last night, I let the kids play basketball in the drizzle until it picked up again), because they'd been cooped up for days.  My mother's birthday is Saturday, and we're supposed to have lunch and go to the pumpkin farm to celebrate her birthday (and DS's).  Looks like we may have to postpone.

And on that note:  DS turns two next week!  I asked him this morning if he's little or big, and he thought for a moment before saying "BIG!"  According to him, he and DH are big, and the cat is little.  I've officially decided on an aqua rectangular cake with toy sharks and whales on top.  DD is going to help me bake it.

This constant rain is sapping my will to do anything except drink chai and daydream about sunshine.
  • I can't believe DS is going to be 2, Heffa.  His curls kill me ded.  He's so adorable. 

Another sidenote: DefConn is obsessed with swaddling his stuffed animals and calling them his 'babies'.  I cannot wait for the cuteness of him holding my sister and SIL's babies.  (I've had coffee, so things are now coming to me.)
  • DD swaddles her baby and then rocks the baby while singing. I love it, and my ovaries do things when she does that.

I am so exhausted. Yesterday was a long day- I worked, picked up DS, worked some more, picked up DD, did dinner/baths/homework with them, then after they were in bed I worked some more. I went to bed at 10 pm but I didn't fall asleep until about 1 am and of course I was up at 6 am. I really, really,

I bought the Tazo Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea concentrate and I mix it with vanilla unsweetened almond milk. Yum, yum. Highly recommend.
  • We had 10 glorious days of sunshine and warm weather.  Now that the concrete is ordered we're getting rain.  I've been getting quite a bit of work since I put in face time.  I might need to make that an every 6 month or so habit.

My dad retires tomorrow.  He's 71 so he deserves it and all, but I wonder what he's going to get into. 

• It has been a rainy, sticky disgusting mess here. I cannot wait until this weekend when we get some relief. So over the heat.

Another month or so and the weather will be glorious so I just need to be patient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't believe DS is going to be 2, Heffa.  His curls kill me ded.  He's so adorable. 

Another sidenote: DefConn is obsessed with swaddling his stuffed animals and calling them his 'babies'.  I cannot wait for the cuteness of him holding my sister and SIL's babies.  (I've had coffee, so things are now coming to me.)
    Aww, thanks mrs.conn.  I'm loving the curls, too.  Everyone always comments on them.

That is adorable about DefConn.  He is going to be in hog heaven once his new cousins arrive.  <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards