Moms and Maids

BM Thank You

One of my BMs is moving next week so I'm getting her a little going away gift and writing a long letter (we've been friends since we were 3). Last weekend was my shower and bachelorette. Do you think I could include my thank yous for this in the letter I give her, or should I send a separate thank you? Naturally I'm going to talk about the wedding in it, as it means so much to me to have her in it, especially now that she'll have to travel. But I wasn't sure if it would seem rude if I didn't give her a proper thank you note.

Thanks!

Re: BM Thank You

• If it were me, I would do two separate ones.  Whenever I've received heartfelt letters from friends, I have put them in a special place... thank you's get thrown away... it's a little awkward to re-read a partial thank you for X gift in a heartfelt letter.
  • Right, I'm strictly referring to those who didn't give us a gift, and if it's appropriate to send them a card. 

• VicTim328 said:
    If it were me, I would do two separate ones.  Whenever I've received heartfelt letters from friends, I have put them in a special place... thank you's get thrown away... it's a little awkward to re-read a partial thank you for X gift in a heartfelt letter.
    Thank you! That's a good point about thank yous getting thrown away. I will definitely write 2!
  • @Penguins1987 we wrote pretty similarly titled posts very close to each other - I think you're mixing them up!

• OMG! So sorry y'all!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards