Massachusetts-Boston

Help! I need to find a dress on a budget!!

Hi ladies,

I've been killing myself trying to get a deal on a wedding dress. Ideally I'd like to spend between $500-600 on a dress (w/o alterations). It's almost become a challenge as to how low I can go. 
I've been to DB in Dedham twice already, Chryssies in Canton and Grandasia in Quincy. So far the dresses I love are over budget and the dresses within my budget are just kind of "OK".

Where else can I go (preferable in Boston w/ T accessibility or south shore/RI)? I'm really looking for an off-the-rack place at this point because the boutique experience proved to be too expensive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Help! I need to find a dress on a budget!!

• You could check out Party Dress Express in Fall River. They have a website and many of the dresses they even show prices online: http://www.thebridalshopatpartydressexpress.com/

Mori Lee has a number of dresses that would fall into that price range. I never went to that shop myself so I can't speak to the experience/selection in store.

The other suggestion I'd have is to find out when any boutique is having their sample sale. If you are reasonably close to the sample sizes you can get an absolute steal. I bought a gorgeous sample dress which ended up costing only $250.

Good luck!
  • Have you checked out ReDress? They have very reasonable options, including an under $100 section.

http://redressboston.net/collections/
  • I'm not sure if they are still open, but Terry's Bridal in Norwood was going out of business. If you are okay with a used dress, take a look at preowedweddingdresses.com.  If it is all about price, Macy's, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, etc have wedding dresses.  I totally agree with sales/sample sales at wedding salons.  I got my dress for 80% off and it was roughly $200.
  • Just a quick update: I went to Party Dress Express and I was so impressed! It truly is a hidden gem! I said 'yes' to a $750 Alfred Angelo dress that was 50% off! Score!
  • I second the post about Party Dress Express! Another option might be trying on dresses in a store and seeing if you can find the ones you like on PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com... I got my dress new with tags on that website for half the list price!
  • I went to one shop and got my dress and bridesmaid dresses all in one appointment. It's called Ve'Lace Bridal in Bellingham. Shadia, the shop owner, is amazing and they have so many off the rack options (that's what I went with). Saved over $400 by going that route. 

Here's the website! http://velacebridal.com 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • if you are still looking.  a friend of mine is starting a bridal consignment shop.  she is focusing on her inventory right now and finding a location and she already has so many nice dresses in stock: bostonbridalconsignment@gmail.com
  • Clever Bride Consignment in Holliston. There's an option for evening appointments or walk ins on Saturday -- do the appointment. It's just the owner and one changing room, so at my private appt I was able to try on around 20 dresses, whereas on Saturdays you are limited. The selection was good! I was able to try on 20 or so gowns to fit my size 4/6 frame, and they were all under $600. None of the gowns looked used at all -- the dresses at Vows on the lower price range all have rips in them. These were flawless. She makes you take off your jewlery and makeup before trying on. I didn't end up buying one there, but it's a great store.
  • *** Also I was trying on Maggie Soteros, Eve of Milady, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards