Flowers
Options

Average cost of flowers

A venue I am seriously considering includes the flowers in the package (just centerpieces but might try to negotiate in all floral since we will use the same florist anyway)
I am just wondering though how much would that cost on my own to justify if it is a good deal or not. How much did you pay for yours? Personally I am planning a summer wedding in NJ with lavender and babys breath and whatever other white/purple flowers I can include. I don't really know much about flowers so any information on cost would be helpful before I agree to this!!

Re: Average cost of flowers

• Options
    It really depends on what and how much you need. Your area will also factor into costs, so you may want to ask on your local NJ board as well.

For reference though, I'm getting 5 bouquets (1 bridal and 4 bridesmaids), 5 groom's and GM bouts, 3 mothers' corsages, 3 father's bouts, 4 grandmother's corsages, 5 grandfather's bouts, 4 pew markers, and some decor for the gazebo in the Atlanta area for around $1500 including taxes, delivery, and set up. We're skipping floral centerpieces because I'm DIYing them.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Area, flowers, amount (# of centerpieces, bouquets, etc.) allll factor in to your cost.

My venue "credited" me $1k for flowers. I ended up spending $3.1k (so an additional $2100 on top of what I had already paid for). However, I did a lot of different things with flowers and definitely didn't cut back on anything to save money. I would ask your venue what brides typically spend on flowers and what they are getting for that amount - ie if the credit covers the cost or not. What I found out from my venue was that most brides spent around $2k-$2.5k on average so I had a pretty good idea going in of how much extra I'd need to budget.

• Options
    My aunt did my flowers as a gift (she is a professional florist in San Diego), so no labor costs.  I spent about $400 on the flowers wholesale.  She said the total cost if I paid for labor would have been about $1200, but I also know she's on the low side.  We used all seasonal flowers for this time of year. I had:

1 bridal bouquet
    1 MOH bouquet
    1 groom bout
    4 other bouts
    4 wrist corsages
    24 jar centerpieces (not huge since we had 3 on each 16' table)
    1 arrangement with antlers for above the altar, which was then moved to our sweetheart table
    Some flowers for the cake 
    Scattered "arrangements" of baby's breath in jars just to fill up space 

Obviously we saved a lot since we didn't have a large wedding party.  Also keep in mind flower costs vary greatly from location to location.  In San Diego, she said she could have gotten some of the flowers I picked at half the cost, because they grow them right there.  Here in Colorado, they have to ship them in. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I have:
    1 Bride bouquet
    2 BM bouquet
    1 MOH (man of honor) bout
    1 Groom bout
    3 GM bout
    4 mom/gma corsage
    2 dad/gpa bout
    30 sunflowers lining the ceremony aisle and chairs
    100 sunflowers lining the reception tables