Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

New to the board

I just wanted to introduce myself.  FI and I have been together 23 months, we are coming up on our two year anniversary.  We met while working on the Obama presidential campaign in Wisconsin.  We got engaged on Feb. 19th while we were on holiday in London.  It was amazing and I was completely surprised.  We are getting married on June 18th, 2011 at our family farm in Western Wisconsin.  I'm so excited to share this process with all of you and I'm looking for helpful tips for the MSP area vendors.

Re: New to the board

• KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,  Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the MSP board!  Love your countdown flags!

It's great that you've already set a date and location!! (That was a major stressor for me!)
    The gals here are super helpful and friendly.  It's nice to have a place that's all weddings, all the time, because heaven knows my coworkers-mom-friends can't take all the wedding talk I want to dish!   (-- and then when you need a break, you can step away from the computer for a bit & have some space. We're having a wedding-free night tonight. ;))
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm newer too but I've found this super helpful and fun! :) Enjoy your planning. If there's anything we can do, let us know!!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I love having these boards so my friends don't have to listen to me talk about WR stuff constantly. It's been great for asking questions and getting ideas, too. Welcome!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome!  I know you'll find this board to be a great resource.  The ladies are really nice, extremely creative, and always helpful.  A little late notice, but are you coming to the GTG tomorrow?  It would be great to meet some newbies in person.  PM me if you want directions (in St. Paul at 3pm).

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and thanks for the intro!  Do you have anything else decided yet? Do you know what kind of dress you're looking for? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! And WOOHOO for Obama! ;)
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I would love to try to come to a GTG, but I'm currently living in San Francisco and I don't make it back to the area all that often.
    Steph-We have the location, photographers, videographers, and DJ booked.  I actually got my dress prior to our official engagement.  While I was home over Christmas break my mom really wanted to go dress shopping so I indulged her.  We ended up going to the sample sale at L'atelier Couture and finding a dream dress within our budget so we bought it.  So that is another big check.
    DC-Working on the campaign was so exciting.  It was fun to be a part of it and meet the love of my life while doing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards