Wedding Woes

It's Monday again

How was the weekend?

Saturday was soccer and dishwasher shopping. 

Sunday we hit a playground then I actually went and bought said dishwasher.  It will be here Thursday.  Sunday night I went to see Kinky Boots with my sister.  It was fun to have a relaxed dinner and see a good show.

This morning I've had two calls from my mom.  She's in Europe with my dad, brother, and SIL.  I'm hoping they are just expensive butt dials.  I heard everyone but my SIL in the background and my brother laughing at one point. SIL has an international calling plan and brother has email.  I did shoot off an email.

Re: It's Monday again

• Weekend was pretty good.  

Friday, we went out to dinner and then DH and the kiddo went to stay with MIL.  DefConn and I went to Costco and Target. 

Saturday, Defconn and I were lazy most of the day.  We finally got up in the afternoon and went to the grocery store for a few more odds and ends.  My sister texted me at 6:30p to let me know she was at the hospital getting tested to see if her water broke.  Baby arrived by 9:30p.  No time for an epi for her.  :)  

Sunday, I worked in the morning.  We got showered and dressed and then went to the hospital to meet the new little guy.  He's so cute and sweet...and tiny.  So squee-worthy.  Everyone is tired, but healthy and happy he's here.  He has my dad's name as his middle name, which is awesome.  We came home and I cleaned out my drawers and closet.  My summer stuff has been swapped for fall/winter.  

Next week, we are off work and DH and I are so ready.  We made our to-do and project list.  I'm looking forward to it. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    I was a bad adult and skipped the wedding I was supposed to go to on Saturday.  I had multiple reasons to do so and don't feel guilty.  I feel guilty I don't feel guilty.  I sent them a gift that should cover the cost of my plate and if I get a bill, I'll let you know.

Sunday we went to a city a few hours away and saw a speaker and came back.

My entire face is itchy, my ears are driving me nuts, the right side of my face feels like a brick, I could sleep for probably another nine hours (after the additional 6 on Saturday).  IDK if I'm just exhausted or if allergies are really dragging me down or what (it's mold, grass, and weeds right now, from moderate to high).  I'm waiting for a freeze to hit to see if I start feeling better or if it's time for the doctor again.
  • My sister texted me at 6:30p to let me know she was at the hospital getting tested to see if her water broke.  Baby arrived by 9:30p.  No time for an epi for her.  :) 
    Second baby?  B/c DS's birthday was last week, I was just reminiscing about my screaming race to the hospital and no-epi delivery.  After the fact, I think we worked back and realized that most of the 20 minute drive to the hospital was transition, since I was fully dilated and ready to push as soon as they got me into a bed.  But enough about me:  the reason I ask is because if he's a first baby, that's impressive.  Congrats, and yay for snuggly new baby goodness!  :)

I loved everything about this weekend.  DH met us for dinner Friday night, we ate on the patio and it was a beautiful evening.  Took DD to her "nighttime party" and took DS to a little play area where he had a great time.  DD loved it, everyone went to bed tired and happy.

We were so lazy Saturday morning--my mom was coming over and got a late start, so I just dawdled.  Wooz went riding.  My mom showed up with cupcakes.  We made pizzas.  Wooz went to swim and got promoted to the next level.  Got Chinese takeout and crashed on the sofa with Monsters, Inc.  (DS was killing me ded:  he kept pointing at the screen and saying "Mon-ners!  Geen mon-ner!  Blue mon-ner!" He was delighted.) 

I woke up inspired yesterday morning and made pumpkin waffles for breakfast.  We eventually got going and went to a fall festival.  They had a petting zoo and the kids went nuts:  rabbits, goats, sheep, ponies, tortoises (?), a calf, ferrets--you name it.  They also had rides and inflatables and stuff, but DS wasn't that into it--too much chaos, I think.  While he was napping, I started a batch of crock pot applesauce; when he woke up, we all went outside to play, and it was gorgeous out.

I have to go shopping at lunch:  it's barely October, and DD has already managed to lose not one, but TWO fleeces.  But she passed the head lice check at after school, so that's something.  (She told me the outbreak is at another school that also attends her program, so I'm hoping it stays there.)
  • Heffalump said:
    My sister texted me at 6:30p to let me know she was at the hospital getting tested to see if her water broke.  Baby arrived by 9:30p.  No time for an epi for her.  :) 
    Second baby?  B/c DS's birthday was last week, I was just reminiscing about my screaming race to the hospital and no-epi delivery.  After the fact, I think we worked back and realized that most of the 20 minute drive to the hospital was transition, since I was fully dilated and ready to push as soon as they got me into a bed.  But enough about me:  the reason I ask is because if he's a first baby, that's impressive.  Congrats, and yay for snuggly new baby goodness!  :)

Baby #2.  She had a quick one with older nephew too.  They offered an epi and she was all, "I'll wait." and then they gave her pitocin and then it was too late.  

They're on their way home.  BIL is out of work currently and nephew is on fall break.  So they're going to get a lot of family time the next two weeks, which is nice. 
  • The weather was warm but nice. I went to a cookout Friday night, and Saturday had a day of beauty. Nails, brows, hair cut. Sunday I went to church and watched The Walking Dead marathon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards