Just Engaged and Proposals

Where oh where will our wedding be??

Hey!! So I am an uber planner and never thought of this situation! I am originally from NY and most of my friends and a chunk of my family are there. My fiancé is born and raised here in NC and his family is all here (about 1 1/2 from where we live) as well. My mom (who is in NY) wants me to have everything in NY but my fiancé is worried about his family being able to travel financially. I am torn because I have been planning my wedding in NY since I was 8 and even have a dream venue up there. However, knowing his family is mostly here in NC and about half my family (including my dad) will have to travel regardless of where the wedding is (Mom's side is in MD and Dad and his side is in FL) I am considering the fact that NC might be just as good. I know my friends might have some issues traveling, but I don't believe my family would have any troubles. I'm giving myself almost a year to plan so I should have enough time lol, but this is one thing that has been sitting on my mind and I don't feel like I can go too far without having a venue. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Where oh where will our wedding be??

• kkines28 said:
    Hey!! So I am an uber planner and never thought of this situation! I am originally from NY and most of my friends and a chunk of my family are there. My fiancé is born and raised here in NC and his family is all here (about 1 1/2 from where we live) as well. My mom (who is in NY) wants me to have everything in NY but my fiancé is worried about his family being able to travel financially. I am torn because I have been planning my wedding in NY since I was 8 and even have a dream venue up there. However, knowing his family is mostly here in NC and about half my family (including my dad) will have to travel regardless of where the wedding is (Mom's side is in MD and Dad and his side is in FL) I am considering the fact that NC might be just as good. I know my friends might have some issues traveling, but I don't believe my family would have any troubles. I'm giving myself almost a year to plan so I should have enough time lol, but this is one thing that has been sitting on my mind and I don't feel like I can go too far without having a venue. Thanks for the help!!!
    I would talk to your VIP's on both sides and find out where and when works best for them and start there.  It doesn't have to be one or another, you can choose a place in the middle as well.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards