Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Is it nap time yet?  

I'm seriously trying to scheme how I'm going to go see my nephew this week.  I just want to go snuggle that little nugget again and be reminded why it's OK to hold them and give them back...not have one full time.  ;)

DefConn is obsessed with his new cousin.  He wants to know what he's up to all the time.  It's so sweet. 

I'm ready for my week off.  I'm looking forward to all the plans...even the cleaning and organizing. Maybe I'll get a couple naps in too. 

Re: Tuesday

• I'm tired today.  And I can't stop sneezing.  Blech.

I'm looking forward to Saturday.  We're going to a party for my aunt to celebrate her last treatment (she was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple years ago).  It's a great occasion and I haven't seen anyone in my family since before school started, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm really intrigued by Blue Apron.  It's too expensive for my family, but I really like the idea.
  • tawillers said:

I'm really intrigued by Blue Apron.  It's too expensive for my family, but I really like the idea.
    a (single) friend of mine was doing blue apron for a while. she said that it was something of a pain if you needed to skip a shipment, and that the prep work took forever. i tried one of the recipes that she posted and it was pretty good (granted, i modified it to add more seasoning, and plain greek yogurt for added moisture), but took a while to prepare.  https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/roasted-poblano-quinoa-sopes-with-avocado-arugula-cherry-tomato-salad
  • *Barbie* said:
    tawillers said:

a (single) friend of mine was doing blue apron for a while. she said that it was something of a pain if you needed to skip a shipment, and that the prep work took forever.
    I've heard this too.  DH seems to think it's some sort of Magical Box of Dinner, and I'm like "You cook one night a week, so stuff it."

Sorry, I'm just crabby.  Kids didn't sleep well.  So we didn't sleep well.  Everyone is crabby today.
  • I love Blue Apron- I'd do it more often but because of our address issues, they don't deliver to our house. Maybe in a few months. Taw, if you'd like send me a message on FB and I can send you over some free meals (this goes for anyone, I think I have 3 things I can send out). I love doing it because DS is actually willing to try some of the stuff, he has fun helping me with the cooking, in general we try things we haven't before, and it's convienent. My only gripe is there is a lot of waste- they package everything in it's own container/plastic bag. I don't think the prep work is too much but then again, I like to cook so I find it enjoyable.

Anyways...on to real life. I'm sick again. I was sick a few weeks ago, got over it, and now I've got a cold or something. I'm blaming the kids- I don't even think they get sick but they give me germs and because I have like no immune system because I'm a WAH hermit, it hits me. I really want to sleep and I'm kicking myself for taking a day off the week before last becasue I want to day off today and just relax.
  • PMeg819 said:
    I love Blue Apron- I'd do it more often but because of our address issues, they don't deliver to our house. Maybe in a few months. Taw, if you'd like send me a message on FB and I can send you over some free meals (this goes for anyone, I think I have 3 things I can send out). I love doing it because DS is actually willing to try some of the stuff, he has fun helping me with the cooking, in general we try things we haven't before, and it's convienent. My only gripe is there is a lot of waste- they package everything in it's own container/plastic bag. I don't think the prep work is too much but then again, I like to cook so I find it enjoyable.

Anyways...on to real life. I'm sick again. I was sick a few weeks ago, got over it, and now I've got a cold or something. I'm blaming the kids- I don't even think they get sick but they give me germs and because I have like no immune system because I'm a WAH hermit, it hits me. I really want to sleep and I'm kicking myself for taking a day off the week before last becasue I want to day off today and just relax.
    Thank you so much for the offer!  I'm really interested, but I really don't think we'd sign up (and I'm not even sure if it's enough food for 5 of us), so I'd hate to waste your freebies.
  • Taw, I can't use them (they have to be for people who are new). Everyone else I know has used Blue Apron, and they give them to me every so often that they are sitting there.

Seriuosly- if anyone is interested shoot me a message on FB and I'll send an invite thing over to you.
  • Ok, I'll give it a try!
  • @PMeg819, I sent you a FB message.  :)
  • It's picture day.  Lord help my child if he didn't take that sweatshirt off before his picture.  I tried really hard not to battle- spiked his hair, compromised on the clothes, but if he didn't take it off I will rage. 

I FINALLY figured out how I want our new rooms to look.  Now I need to find the pieces and convince my husband.

I also bought our big gift for the kids' Christmas- WiiU. 

• 6fsn said:

It's picture day.  Lord help my child if he didn't take that sweatshirt off before his picture.  I tried really hard not to battle- spiked his hair, compromised on the clothes, but if he didn't take it off I will rage. 

I FINALLY figured out how I want our new rooms to look.  Now I need to find the pieces and convince my husband.

Ha, we just got Wooz's school pictures back and they were awful.  I felt bad that I didn't order them last year, and now I regret getting them this time.  I could scroll through my phone right now and find a dozen pics of her that I love more than those, but it's water under the bridge.

Meanwhile, DS's picture day is today, he got a scratch on his nose at DC yesterday, plus he slept like crap so he probably has dark circles and/or bags under his eyes.  Plus he always looks at the photographer like he [photographer] is a potential kidnapper, which doesn't help. 
  • Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:

It's picture day.  Lord help my child if he didn't take that sweatshirt off before his picture.  I tried really hard not to battle- spiked his hair, compromised on the clothes, but if he didn't take it off I will rage. 

Ha, we just got Wooz's school pictures back and they were awful.  I felt bad that I didn't order them last year, and now I regret getting them this time.  I could scroll through my phone right now and find a dozen pics of her that I love more than those, but it's water under the bridge.

Meanwhile, DS's picture day is today, he got a scratch on his nose at DC yesterday, plus he slept like crap so he probably has dark circles and/or bags under his eyes.  Plus he always looks at the photographer like he [photographer] is a potential kidnapper, which doesn't help. 
    I almost never buy school pics because they suck/quality is poor/sets are cheesy/etc. The new "photographer" they use is awful. I take better pics, and I know how to use Photoshop for touchups. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:

DefConn's school pics are hysterical.  I ordered two poses because they captured him too  perfectly.  He does have a scratch on his forehead and nose in them.  It looks like she tried to edit them a little bit so it was as noticeable. 
  • I usually just buy a small package.  It's more the day to day clothing issue that is killing me.  Not every day can be track pants and old soccer uniforms.  He had on a polo and jeans.  It was like I put him in a 3 pc suit and tie.  He refuses to smile and take family pictures.  For now I try to just leave it and pretend we'll just laugh later.  I'm not laughing much now though.  I don't have pictures from my childhood and it bugs me.  I know I'm projecting.
  • I'm planning a wine trail trip for the end of the month.

So...it is October 30 yet?  No?

• We rarely buy the school pics as well.  Usually you pick your package and send the order form and check with the kid on picture day.  I stopped buying them because they were sucky.

Well now they photograph every kid, send home a code to look at the pics online (and send a paper proof a few days later) and THEN you can order pics.  I like seeing them first much better.  I did order pics this year because the girls' were good.  I haven't seen an order form for Son in years and years, so I didn't get his, but I did see his photo on his student id card and it is good.
  • We ordered- I like DS's pics this year and part of me just thinks that the crappy pictures are part of the appeal. Like it's tradition to have the good family photos and the junky school ones. We did however buy way too much this year and I think next year we'll buy a smaller package and supplement with a CD.
  • 6fsn said:
    I usually just buy a small package.  It's more the day to day clothing issue that is killing me.  Not every day can be track pants and old soccer uniforms.  He had on a polo and jeans.  It was like I put him in a 3 pc suit and tie.  He refuses to smile and take family pictures.  For now I try to just leave it and pretend we'll just laugh later.  I'm not laughing much now though.  I don't have pictures from my childhood and it bugs me.  I know I'm projecting.
    so he takes after his dad. 

• tawillers said:
    We rarely buy the school pics as well.  Usually you pick your package and send the order form and check with the kid on picture day.  I stopped buying them because they were sucky.

Well now they photograph every kid, send home a code to look at the pics online (and send a paper proof a few days later) and THEN you can order pics.  I like seeing them first much better.  I did order pics this year because the girls' were good.  I haven't seen an order form for Son in years and years, so I didn't get his, but I did see his photo on his student id card and it is good.
    See, that's why I regretted it last year:  I saw DD's on her ID badge and it was pretty cute.  This year, meh.  She's like me:  her faked-for-the-camera smile is more menacing than heartwarming.  But like the Cubs, there's always next year.

With her spring school pictures, they sent home prints, said keep what you want and return the rest with a check.  I was sort of ::headtilt:: at that, but they were cute so we bought some.

IDK where they found the photographer at preschool, but he's great.  He's not a school photographer, he's an actual photojournalist.  No cheesy backdrops, nice depth of field, really good.  Some of my favorite photos of Wooz are ones that he took over the years.  Too bad DS looks at him like he's a serial killer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards