New Jersey

The Palace at Somerset Park VS Addison Park VS Estate at Florentine Gardens

Hi, These are my top three choices. Which one do you recommend? If you could give me any pros and cons that would be great. 

Re: The Palace at Somerset Park VS Addison Park VS Estate at Florentine Gardens

• I have been guest at all three...and if I had to pick i would either go with Addison Park or Florentine Garden.  The reason one negative I had the both times I went to the Palace is when you walk into the front door you are in the middle of the cocktail hour space.  Both times I was there it was winter and the room was cold with the open and closing of the door.  The food at all 3 was amazing though.
  • I am partial to Florentine Gardens- always have been.  Great food (and lots of it), and an absolutely BEAUTIFUL ballroom- one of my favorite ballrooms in the whole state :)
  • Thank you so much!!!
  • I haven't been to the other 2 venues, but I got married at the Palace last month and absolutely loved it!! 
  • yanyan2691yanyan2691 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2015
    MnM4ever3 said:
    I haven't been to the other 2 venues, but I got married at the Palace last month and absolutely loved it!! 

Were you able to negotiate with the palace? How was the food?
  • The food was absolutely amazing and plentiful! We were able to negotiate a little since we had a large guest list and were willing to take things out/swap things to lower the price. I think its definitely worth a visit!
  • I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Addison Park! Everything about it is just fantastic! I thought the palace was alright, way too overpriced for what I saw. 
  • megalega14 said:
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Addison Park! Everything about it is just fantastic! I thought the palace was alright, way too overpriced for what I saw. 
    Did you go to both as a guest? how was the food at the palace? I heard AP has great cocktail hour!! I just don't know how I feel about two brides ACTUALLY seeing each other (they were taking pictures at the same time/same place,)

and I love the indoor ceremony place for the palace. But, Addison's outdoor ceremony look amazing!!! I'm so torn between the two venues! Its driving me crazy! I can't sleep!! haha!
  • What hotel did you use for addison park?
  • I have never been to the other 2 but I am going to be a Palace bride in February and I can not say enough great things about the Palace.  Everyone has been so accommodating and helpful.  We got an amazing price (February is one of the cheapest months) but we loved the venue so we did not care much about the date.  They will not negotiate much on the price per person.  Everything is included there and they do not like to take things away to lessen the cost because everything they offer is what makes them who they are and they take pride in that.  However, they will negotiate other things, such as, price for ceremony if you are having it there, having more family come to food tasting, little things like that.  We are having a huge wedding, so we are in the large East house, and everything is just beautiful from the bridal suite, to the bar/lounge that the groomsman get ready in, to the ballroom.  I love it!  If you have any other questions PM me.  Good luck!
  • Hi! I just got married at the Addison Park on September 18th. Everything was absolutely perfect! I did not see the other bride ONCE. The only problem we had was that we had limited (and by limited, I mean an hour rather than free range) time to take photos in the lobby because our guests were coming/the other wedding was arriving. I did not see the other bride, did not see any of their guests except when they were walking to the restroom and we were waiting for our introductions, and did not hear the music through the walls. We had our ceremony outdoors and it was perfect. Everyone was so helpful and I did not have to worry about a thing. I literally went where they told me to go and did what they told me to do and it worked out perfect. that says a lot coming from a control freak bride. If you'd like to see photos or have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • What hotel did you use for addison park?
    We used the Courtyard Marriott in Red Bank right off exit 109. It was only about 15 minutes from the venue and worked out really well with so many restaurants local for our rehearsal dinner. Ask for April, she's amazing!
  • We just booked at Addison Park for next August and my Fiance's Sister is getting married 2 weeks later at The Palace. It all really depends on your style. I wasn't a fan of The Palace, but at the same time am concerned about having another wedding on the other side of the wall. Since we had issues finding any venue that had our date available, we were just thrilled that we were able to book Addison Park. I also did see The Palace, but felt it was a bit too serious for my style and felt that it was way overpriced. I also didn't like that the outdoor space for the wedding overlooks a parking lot. My favorite part about The Palace was that they have a lot of hotels around it that provide shuttles to and from the venue. Addison Park has a Courtyard thats 15 mins away in Red Bank and a Renaissance thats in Woodbridge. We are going to have to shuttle our guests back and forth, but even with that factored in, Addison Park is priced significantly lower. Good Luck with your search!
  • We just booked at Addison Park for next August and my Fiance's Sister is getting married 2 weeks later at The Palace. It all really depends on your style. I wasn't a fan of The Palace, but at the same time am concerned about having another wedding on the other side of the wall. Since we had issues finding any venue that had our date available, we were just thrilled that we were able to book Addison Park. I also did see The Palace, but felt it was a bit too serious for my style and felt that it was way overpriced. I also didn't like that the outdoor space for the wedding overlooks a parking lot. My favorite part about The Palace was that they have a lot of hotels around it that provide shuttles to and from the venue. Addison Park has a Courtyard thats 15 mins away in Red Bank and a Renaissance thats in Woodbridge. We are going to have to shuttle our guests back and forth, but even with that factored in, Addison Park is priced significantly lower. Good Luck with your search!
    I have the same issue about the hotels. We are pretty much set on having it at Addison park!! Thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards