Florida-West Coast

Florida Destination Wedding - Help and Suggestions?!

My fiancé and I had to give up our number one choice of a Caribbean Destination wedding due to important family members not being able to fly. Our second choice is Florida. We have looked into places in the Florida Keys, Islamorada and Key Largo, but are concerned about high expenses for the guest.  We have room in our budget for the actual wedding but do not want to hinder our guests with a pricey location. We just recently moved over to looking in the West Florida area, Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater. So far there seems to be more flexibility with accommodation options for the guests.  We are located in Maryland. Any other Destination Florida brides out there have any insight or pointers when it comes to picking a location in Florida.  Planning for a November 2015 wedding with a max of 100 guests.

Thanks all!!

Re: Florida Destination Wedding - Help and Suggestions?!

• I am in a very similar situation. I would be interested in any assistance also. I will say that I have checked with a few hotels on the beach. They are a little slow with their responses, but they are nice.

• Check out the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. That was my second choice if we couldn't get our first one. FI and I used to live in Tampa and now live a little further south in Ft Myers. What kind of venues do you like? There's always the beach wedding option, and Tampa Bay has plenty of gorgeous hotels, if that's something you're interested in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are looking for a beach wedding at a resort that can accommodate all the guests or at least most of them.  My FI and I are actually traveling to Tampa on the 6th of November for a long weekend to check out places.
  • We are planning from Ohio for a June, 2016 wedding. We explored some hotels & event spaces, and we found the Holiday Inn Harbourside in Indian Rocks Beach to be our best fit. We're having the ceremony waterside & the reception in their event space, and they also provide discounted guest rates. We found them to be really reasonably priced, and like my mom said, they're not "nickel-and-diming" us for every little thing. The event coordinator seems to be really great! We're excited to work with her. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Knottie49102758 did you have any luck. I'm also looking into the clearwater and St. Petersburg area
  • Check out the Sirata Beach Resort- this is where mine is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards