Missouri-Kansas City

Union Station, Kansas City

This is a HUGE warning to all you Bride's-to-be.... DO NOT use/trust Union station as your venue. I have had my wedding booked there since Feb of 2009 and 2 days before I was going to send out my invitations for my May wedding I found out they booked ANOTHER wedding reception in the same place/time/date as my wedding reception!! They wern't even going to tell me, they were just going to have me show up on my wedding day and find out after everything was paid for and too late. The other wedding reception has 2x the number of guests as mine so I know it brought them in tons of money and thats why they did it. Also to top it off- The same caterer was going to have to do both receptions (and carry the other wedding's food through my reception- AND the other wedding booked a live band that was suppose to compete right next to my DJ all ngt long- as well as having all of their 360+ guest walk through my reception to get to theirs. Union Station claimed having a sheer drap between the 2 receptions would be good enough. SHADY! Please Please if you or anyone you know is thinking about using Union Station Kansas City for the love of God DO NOT DO IT. They cheated me out of so much money and forced us to cancel our wedding a month and a half before our date. Did I mention that we booked our wedding there FIRST!?
Unprofessional, unorganized, snakes.

Re: Union Station, Kansas City

• kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second this.  We tried to contact them multiple times to find out their cost, etc., but they never called us.  And when we did finally get an email, it was very unprofessional.
  • edited December 2011
    oh my goodness thank you so much for this information. i have many a people i meet with on a daily basis who are brides to be and this is certainly much-appreciated information.

i am so sorry y'all had such a terrible experience! i sure hope your wedding days were nothing short of perfect!
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • mmk<3cws2010mmk<3cws2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh!  This is just horrible!  I'm supposed to be there tomorrow afternoon for a 'visit' and to talk about signing a contract.  Last week we left 5 msgs and 1 email and still never got a return phone call.  Finally after calling several times during the worst times I could think of (dinner time, lunch time, early in the morning ect) Karen answered the phone.  When she did answer I probably sounded like a babbling idiot because I wasn't expecting an answer.  The day of our wedding, she told us there would be another reception in a different room, but I wondered how all that would work.  We are having a small wedding, around 50 people and don't want to have to compete with another party. 

Thank you so much for the warning!!  I will most definitely take this all into consideration when we are there tomorrow.  I may just bring up your situation and see what she has to say about it.  I am so sorry for the problems they have caused you.  Did you find another location?  Where did you book?  I hope despite all this un-needed drama your wedding is a wonderful experience for you and your fiance.  Good luck and many happy thoughts!
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and random people were walking through during the whole event.  It was a fun space, but not very personal when you have strangers wandering through!
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible! We had somewhere else reserved, and then three weeks after we booked it, we found out they double-booked our date. We were still 12 months from the wedding, though, so we had time to find somewhere else.
    What are you going to do? Did you find somewhere else, or do you have to cancel or postpone the wedding? Did Union Station not even give you your money back?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards