Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Elopement Pictures

Hello, We are eloping next year and I am looking at the photography packages our resort offers, but I'm wondering how many pictures others ended up with. One package offers 42 pictures and the other offers 110 I feel like since its just the two of us we probably don't need 110, but I don't want 42 to be not enough. I do have the option to purchase more pictures. Im just trying to get a feel for what other ended up with. Thanks!!!

Re: Elopement Pictures

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Elopements are not usually planned this far in advance.  There will be no guests.  Why do you need so many pictures?  My relatives who eloped had just one.

Elope = couple decides to get married, and they do so without announcing it to friends and family until after the ceremony.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

Elopements are not usually planned this far in advance.  There will be no guests.  Why do you need so many pictures?  My relatives who eloped had just one.

Elope = couple decides to get married, and they do so without announcing it to friends and family until after the ceremony.

There's nothing wrong with having photos taken at an elopement.

If you think 42 won't be enough, pick the larger package. Paying up front for the additional images is probably a lot cheaper than buying individual photos after the fact. Only you cab decide how many you really need. My grandparents had a church wedding, but still only 3 photos...so in the respect CMG is correct, you don't need a ton of photos to get married.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I eloped and planned it over a year in advance because we traveled all the way to Australia and got married at a resort with only 6 rooms. Sometimes you have to plan things out, but you can still keep it secret.

I also hired a photographer. We have a full suite of wedding photos! Based on the pictures, you'd never know I eloped, except that you don't see any guests in them :) Our package was a fixed price for unlimited digital photos. I paid extra for the photographer's travel and to have certain photos printed.

• Thanks! We are getting married in Jamaica so it does require a little planning. :) I thought about bringing a photographer with us, but it was going to be too much. However if I'm getting married in a beautiful place like that and my family isn't coming I want to enough pictures to capture the day. The resort is still giving us a cake and champagne and we are doing a candlelight dinner on the beach in lieu of a reception. 
  • I should have mentioned we have several hundred photos. I printed about 10-20 for our home, work, and to give to our parents. There were a lot of photos that were awesome but there were many that were "eh". However, we did more of a photojournalistic style, so there are a lot of random shots capturing each moment. If you are doing more traditional posed photos, 42 may be enough. If you are doing what we did, get the 110.

the package your resort is offering sounds like ours! We had cake, champagne, and private candlelight dinner. I also had a bouquet for the ceremony and since we got married in a National Park, the flowers had to be fake. So, I got to bring it home with me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards