Moms and Maids

Brunch Wedding?

I am in NYC and trying to find a great way to have a brunch wedding for under $8,000 if possible. Have any of you had a brunch wedding or attended one? If so tell me a bit about it?

Re: Brunch Wedding?

• Check out this link. It lists a bunch of spots in NYC that you can host a brunch wedding. 

• I've never been to a brunch wedding before but I would love it. As Ron Swanson says, "Why would anyone ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    My daughter had a brunch wedding in the Washington, DC area.  We used a suburban country club, and they took care of all the details.
    Evening weddings are a relatively new thing.  Traditional weddings used to be held either in the afternoon or in the morning, followed by the "wedding breakfast" (brunch).  This is still traditional in Britain.

Daughter's wedding brunch menu:

carved roast beef with horseradish
    salmon
    bacon and sausages (big hit with the men!)
    asparagus with hollandaise
    eggs benedict
    fruit
    pastries and bagels
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I am in NYC and trying to find a great way to have a brunch wedding for under $8,000 if possible. Have any of you had a brunch wedding or attended one? If so tell me a bit about it?
    As a guest, I love a brunch wedding.  I don't think I'd like it as much if I was in the bridal party and the bride wanted us all to have the 'pre-wedding hoopla' including hair, makeup, photos, etc that would require me being at a salon at 6 in the morning.  So if you keep it low key for your family and wedding party, I think it would be a super good time.
  • We had a brunch wedding and loved it!
  • missa011 said:

I've never been to a brunch wedding before but I would love it. As Ron Swanson says, "Why would anyone ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"

THIS.  I would love to be invited to a brunch wedding.
  • I held a brunch wedding and got a lot of compliments on the food. I wasn't in NYC though...
  • I would love to attend one but so far I haven't been invited to any.  It would be so cool to go the wedding early, have some brunch and mimosas (might be my second favorite drink after margaritas) and then have the rest of the day to do whatever.  I would love that.
  • I never thought I would like this, but I think I would love it.  I even think I would love it on a Sunday (thinking Sunday Funday) Who doesn't love a party in the morning with unlimited mimosas and bloody marys!? 
  • My SIL had an evening wedding but served breakfast food, it was awesome!!! I guess that's more Brinner than Brunch but similar idea. It still saves money and it still had the evening, dancing, wedding feel. Plus who doesn't love Brinner every once in a while :wink: 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know @AddieCake had a brunch reception.
  • Mine was lunch, not brunch. We opted to go with all lunch/dinner foods instead of mixing in breakfast. Except for the mimosas. Mmmmmm mimosas!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My SIL had an evening wedding but served breakfast food, it was awesome!!! I guess that's more Brinner than Brunch but similar idea. It still saves money and it still had the evening, dancing, wedding feel. Plus who doesn't love Brinner every once in a while :wink: 
    I love brunch but brunch at dinner would seem out of place to me. No foul, though, of course. But I'd be surprised and confused about why I was eating breakfast food at dinner time. I'm also surprised that they got a deal. I always assumed that brunch weddings got a deal because the time of day was less popular and the venue could book an evening event on the same day not because of the actual food items were had a lower cost of goods (In my circle I see things like prime rib being served at brunch so not super cheapy food). 
  • lc07 said:
    My SIL had an evening wedding but served breakfast food, it was awesome!!! I guess that's more Brinner than Brunch but similar idea. It still saves money and it still had the evening, dancing, wedding feel. Plus who doesn't love Brinner every once in a while :wink: 
    I love brunch but brunch at dinner would seem out of place to me. No foul, though, of course. But I'd be surprised and confused about why I was eating breakfast food at dinner time. I'm also surprised that they got a deal. I always assumed that brunch weddings got a deal because the time of day was less popular and the venue could book an evening event on the same day not because of the actual food items were had a lower cost of goods (In my circle I see things like prime rib being served at brunch so not super cheapy food). 
    Brunch/breakfast food receptions are cheaper as far as catering costs go, no matter the time of day. Brinner or breakfast for dinner receptions aren't as rare as they used to be apparently. I attended two of them this past summer and heard that some caterers have packages dedicated to it if the couple wants an evening wedding but can't afford a traditional dinner reception. The ones I'm familiar with add in some extras for brinner receptions as opposed to breakfast receptions, like steak and eggs instead of just eggs if the couple wants to offer a little more to their guests since it is dinnertime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards