Wedding Woes

Monday

We didn't flood! YAY! (Parts of the city did, but it sounds like they minimized the damage, and cleaned up what they could.) Traffic was surprisingly light this morning - I don't know if it was because I left a little later or if a lot of people stayed home because they were worried about traffic/water issues.

I was super responsible today. I packed my breakfast *and* lunch. 

Weekend was fairly low key due to the crappy weather. I was kind-of hoping our street would flood because our neighbors across the street decided to have a party and had cars parked all over the damn place. We would have had trouble getting out of our driveway if we had to go somewhere.

Re: Monday

• Busy week this week.  I have book club tomorrow on a book that I'm a little befuzzled by, so I'm looking forward to the discussion.  Wednesday is our group's fundraiser to help raise money for Syrian refugees.  We're playing Republican Debate bingo with prizes donated by local businesses.  I have a lot of prizes and a lot of confirmed RSVPs.  We set a goal of $300, so I hope we can meet it.  Thursday, the woman who wrote Dead Man Walking is giving a speech.  I'm incredibly excited to hear her, since that movie, then book, is really what set my path onto a fully anti-death penalty position.  

We're supposed to go camping this weekend; it depends on how worn out I am and how cold it really is.
  • Back to work after staycation...ugh.  This morning was rough. 

All of last week was great.  We got a lot done.   We also had more than enough time to relax. 

I cannot focus on work today.  No motivation...at all. 
  • where is everyone?!
  • @VarunaTT Sr. Helen Prejean is one of my heroes. What great work you have taken on. Brava!
  • I chilled too this weekend because of the weather. Finally, on Sunday, I got out and ran some errands.
  • @VarunaTT Sr. Helen Prejean is one of my heroes. What great work you have taken on. Brava!

Oh, I don't do any work in that field (thought I do have friends who do).  She was part of a journey that ended in me abandoning death penalty beliefs, along with some other things.
  • Busy, busy week.  Siding and roofing started this morning at 7 am.  Tonight we're carving pumpkins.  Tomorrow night I'm subbing for card club.  Wednesday is PSR.  Thursday MIL is coming over for Trick or treat (if one more person tries to start a discussion about the stupidity I'm going to smack them).  MIL is spending the night and DH and I are taking a few hours to furniture shop after my Friday morning meeting.

We have nada planned for this weekend and I can't WAIT.  I'm so glad soccer is over. 

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    6fsn said:

Busy, busy week.  Siding and roofing started this morning at 7 am.  Tonight we're carving pumpkins.  Tomorrow night I'm subbing for card club.  Wednesday is PSR.  Thursday MIL is coming over for Trick or treat (if one more person tries to start a discussion about the stupidity I'm going to smack them).  MIL is spending the night and DH and I are taking a few hours to furniture shop after my Friday morning meeting.

We have nada planned for this weekend and I can't WAIT.  I'm so glad soccer is over. 

feeling relatively safe down here... 
    *why is* your neighborhood is celebrating on Thursday rather than Saturday?
  • Its the township based on some regional planning committee. I don't know why and don't really care. The kids have fun and get candy. Our old town did the same thing. Every year the same people make drama about it
  • Morning. This weekend was busy. Friday night I picked up pizza, we ate, and then headed back to DD's daycare for a family event they were holding. It was okay- but ended with DD melting down because I would not let her rub paint all over herself. Saturday I did my cleaning, then took the kids to my mom's house and we went to a balloon festival. They wore their costumes, got candy, and we got to see hot air balloons. Sunday we did some recovery.

Last night I couldn't sleep- there is so much going on at work and I have anxiety over it all. To compound the matter, last week I slacked off majorly (a good reminder as to why I need to take my ADHD meds) and now I'm paying for it this week.
  • Hi all!!

The weekend wasn't long enough. I could have used a few more days off.

Friday and Saturday were lazy days. It was kind of nice. FI and I just watched movies and relaxed. I made an awesome soup for dinner though.

Sunday, we had our first meeting with a florist. She was amazing. I can't wait to see what she has in mind for my bouquet. My mom and I went and had wine and appetizers for dinner last night at one of our favorite Italian restaurants.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was a really fun weekend here, with gorgeous weather.  No complaints.

I have no idea what to dress the kids in for Thanksgiving.  We'll be in southern Mississippi, and all the Thanksgiving-y clothes are too warm for where we're going.  But I feel weird putting them in something summery, even if it's a better fit for the weather.  I guess you really can't take the Midwest out of the girl, because I keep eyeing velvet and sweater vests anyway.

Also, Wooz is killing me:  she is officially a size M in girls' clothing.  I need to scrunch her down while she sleeps, she's growing up too fast.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Heffalump said:
    It was a really fun weekend here, with gorgeous weather.  No complaints.

I have no idea what to dress the kids in for Thanksgiving.  We'll be in southern Mississippi, and all the Thanksgiving-y clothes are too warm for where we're going.  But I feel weird putting them in something summery, even if it's a better fit for the weather.  I guess you really can't take the Midwest out of the girl, because I keep eyeing velvet and sweater vests anyway.

Also, Wooz is killing me:  she is officially a size M in girls' clothing.  I need to scrunch her down while she sleeps, she's growing up too fast.
    We never got dressed up for dinner - but stick with something comfortable for the weather. Light layers at most - they'll probably want to play outside. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards