Wedding Woes

Bitchin'...bring out your rants and bitch away

Feel free to add your own.

1. I was supposed to do a fun run this weekend with some friends. At some point the organizers of the event changed locations, and now it is farther from my house. So my friends dropped out (understandable because it's like a good 75 min drive from my house and a couple live farther than I do). I am annoyed because they didn't tell us it changed- I got an email yesterday about picking up the race packet, and only noticed it then. Thankfully, we bought our tickets through Living Social and they are refunding them. However, I told my sister about this a few weeks ago and she decided that since she and her husband are going to be in town, that they would join. And I don't know if she can refund her tickets or if she wants to go on her own. So I sort of feel bad for that, but then again I don't.

2. I'm in a rut personally. I feel like since I don't work in an office, I dress schlumpy every day. I do try to get a shower in the morning and put make up on, but I really hate my wardrobe. And I know if I said anything about shopping and spending a good chunk of money on updated clothes, he'd freak. I want to invest in nicer quality items so it wouldn't be cheap.

3. One of my dogs I being a dummy about eating (she has preferences on the bowls and the other dog ate out her bowl so now she won't eat) and her stomach is growling. Damn dog is old and stubborn. The other dog is also trying to dig holes in the ground to get lizards.

4. Our anniversary is next week and we have nothing planned. The petty part of me wishes that DH would buy me some nice gift but we almost never exchange gifts for our anniversary. I don't feel like asking about it either because the real reason is that I just want a present to open. Because I'm 4 or something. Adults do not get enough presents to open.

I am seriously considering next year that I will book a vacation away, for a few days, just by myself towards the end of the year. I feel like around this time I just start getting frazzled.

Re: Bitchin'...bring out your rants and bitch away

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    If I have one more man try to talk over me, pooh-pooh my ideas, or any other element of sexism, I'm am going to lose my shit.  I've already pointed out to a man who didn't seem to have a problems accepting decisions from men, that he continuously questioned mine (this is in my atheist group, where I am the leader).  This man tried to whine to me about me being emotional and I shot him down with, "I have the screenshot of you telling someone you talked to my husband all night, so why am I not okay." *facepalm*

I had realized last week that I was depressed.  Which, since I've recognized it, I've taken the measures I needed to start taking to manage it.  So, it's being managed.  I can't say it's better yet. DH is being sweet about it, which is helps sometimes.

I have book club tonight, which I'm excited about.  Only b/c I loathed the book we read and I want others to loathe it with me.

Oh and this fundraiser for tomorrow night?  I busted ass and got 13 local businesses to donate prizes for it.  No one else did anything.  One other person got 2, everyone else donated something they had.  Asses.
  • I have a killer migraine, but I can't leave the office until I get done with an analysis that I started last week. I've been so busy fixing problems (that shouldn't exist in the first place) that I've been pushing other essential stuff back. 

re: #4  - why don't you guys exchange gifts? it's never too late to start. I was (half) kidding DK that it's a good thing we met a designer for my favorite jewelry line (http://www.markhenryj.com/), so he can work with him on a custom piece for our 10th anniversary (in 2016). Jewelry is his go-to gift for me - it's something that I love, wear daily, and it's something I usually don't buy for myself. 

I'm with you on the getting away for a few days to relax. 
  • PMeg819 said:

2. I'm in a rut personally. I feel like since I don't work in an office, I dress schlumpy every day. I do try to get a shower in the morning and put make up on, but I really hate my wardrobe. And I know if I said anything about shopping and spending a good chunk of money on updated clothes, he'd freak. I want to invest in nicer quality items so it wouldn't be cheap.
    So much this.  I just told DH this morning that I seriously need to overhaul my wardrobe.  I feel like everything is so mom-ish--so.many.cardigans.  I should do Stitch Fix or Trunk Club for Women or something just to freshen everything up, but it also feels like one more damned thing to keep up with.

Work is pissing me off so much this week, and it's only Tuesday.  Some engineer asked about whether I got something and when I said no, he got all huffy and said he left it on my desk.  Nothing in or near my physical inbox.  I searched, and found it on top of my recycling pile.  Now he's acting like I'm a fucking diva over it:  "Oh, I didn't know you had a special place people had to use" etc.  You know, fuck you.  An inbox isn't a new invention.  I really wish I had recycled your fucking bill of materials and you had to just deal. 

Another engineer is mansplaining pricing to me, and he is hard to take seriously when he uses "price" and "cost" interchangeably and doesn't seem to have any concept of gross margin.  His manager snapped at one of our sales managers via email--I was just copied on their exchange, so it wasn't directed at me but I still want to send everyone to time out and drink my tea in peace.

I'm stuck working a trade show tomorrow with a different sales manager, because my boss signed us up for it before he was fired and we're stuck with it now.  Other Sales Manager was in here last week working with our marketing coordinator to pull a bunch of stuff for the show, as he should have been.  Today is the first day of the show, and OSM has emailed me four (4!) times so far asking me to bring two different products and a bunch of giveaways.  I'm taking public transportation, so I will take as much as I can carry, and that's it.  (Even if I were driving, I'd still have to find a way to haul it all from my car through the garage, into the convention center, and to our booth, which is a hike all by itself.)

I just got out of a hour long meeting on credits.  Which had very little to do with my department.  I kept waiting for the part where it made sense for me to be there.  LSS, I'm having a very "is this all there is" midlife crisis re: work. 

Did I mention that DS was "overlooked" (photographer's word) for school pics?  I think I started to post it last week and deleted it, but I'm posting it now, because Bitchin'.  You can always tell a Milford man.
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltpignTVAK1qaudyfo1_500.png

• I have been 'look blankly and say nothing" in response to passive agressive from boss.

"well, I had plans for that saturday, with my family.  but *sigh*, that's what happens sometimes" *guilt guilt guilt guilt guilt*"
     is NOT a game I play with people I love and respect, I'm sure as hell not playing it with him.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    GBCK said:
    I have been 'look blankly and say nothing" in response to passive agressive from boss.

"well, I had plans for that saturday, with my family.  but *sigh*, that's what happens sometimes" *guilt guilt guilt guilt guilt*"
     is NOT a game I play with people I love and respect, I'm sure as hell not playing it with him.
    it must be so hard to not be all "wow, that sucks for you." 
  • *Barbie* said:
    GBCK said:
    I have been 'look blankly and say nothing" in response to passive agressive from boss.

it must be so hard to be all "wow, that sucks for you." 
    I Totally imagined many many many things.  And "SUCK IT SUCKER" was one of them.  I managed not to say them--although my filter has left quite a bit by now.

So instead I responded by silently staring at his forehead.
    And he squirmed awkwardly and seemed to realize this wasn't working.  And then I watched as he gutted the outreach programs I've worked really hard on, just to be a dick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards