Ohio-Northeast

Venues Similar to Walsh University Hoover Hall

I'm in serious need of venues similar Hoover Hall at Walsh University. Hoover Hall is my absolute dream venue. It's a beautiful, rustic, open-air lodge and has beautiful landscaping/scenery. I have toured it twice already and have had my heart set on it, but there is a HUGE issue. They are absolutely horrible with communication. I have been trying to get in contact with them for over a week to book a date. I have sent two emails and have also left voicemails with two different people. It's absolutely heartbreaking to me. So please if anyone has any suggestions near the Akron/Canton/Hartville area that are similar to Hoover Hall, let me know. I really appreciate it!!

Re: Venues Similar to Walsh University Hoover Hall

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I loved Hoover Hall! In the end, there were too many cons for us, but it sure was beautiful. 

Check out Happy Days Lodge in Peninsula. 
  • emr616emr616 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm not sure about cost, but Brookside Farms is a beautiful venue. Not a "lodge", but kind of the same vibe.

I was considering Hoover Hall for my rehearsal dinner and had the same issue as you... multiple emails and calls that went COMPLETELY unanswered. It's a great space, but I agree with you, RUN and run fast. I can only imagine how terrible it would be to book there and then find out they're completely MIA when you're closer to the wedding.
  • It took 3 days to contact someone at Hoover Hall, but I finally did, and they are completely booked for every Saturday in 2016, except for a date in May, which didn't work for me as most of my family/fiance's family are still in school and would be in final exams at that time. 

I also have been looking for a similar site that can hold >300 people and will allow you to bring in your own alcohol... I'm assuming since this post was three month ago, you found a place. Do you mind sharing?
  • After many attempts, I finally got ahold of someone at Hoover Hall and I ended up booking with them, but my wedding is not until September of 2017.  I could not get this venue out of my mind after touring it twice and searched for months and nothing seemed to compare. One place you could try and I did not look at because I assumed it may be pricey is Brookside Farms. It is absolutely beautiful. Good luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards