Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited November 2015 in Wedding Woes
I stayed up way too late to watch the Colts lose.  

I've gone completely insane.  A) I'm trying to figure out how to make bows from some wire and burlap ribbon for SIL's baby shower. I'm not crafty.,  B ) I'm hosting SIL's baby shower next weekend, C) We're hosting Thanksgiving for both sides of the family and we both have to work the day after Thanksgiving.  

DH and I are off tomorrow for our anniversary.  We're getting massages.  

DefConn is in a booster now.  We have to work on when you can and cannot unbuckle your seatbelt. He likes to unbuckle it while I'm pulling into the daycare parking lot.  It's not that big of a deal because we are getting out of the car, but he needs to know that he cannot unbuckle while the car is moving...ever.  

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Morning.  I have the cold DH had last week.  It's not too horrible yet, so maybe I can fight it.

We had the consultation for Son's braces yesterday.  They go on next Wednesday.  He's excited.  He's wanted braces for a couple years.  We got some unexpected news about his jaw and surgery was recommended, though we don't have to decide on that for a few months.

DD1's new bed came yesterday so we got it put together and she slept in it last night.  She was so happy with it.  Seeing her face yesterday was priceless.  However, her room is really small so this twin bed looks ginormous and her room needs to be rearranged now.  I've got some thinking to do.
  • Options
    I could totally help w/ burlap bows.  My baby sis did burlap for her wedding and I was put in charge of bows--hell I had to put them on her dog's collar for the day. 
    Do you want me to try to photo-montage how to DIY them this weekend?  I'll be UNEMPLOYED and have free time :-P

Also, I went to bed early because I'm getting the same damn cold (or maybe a different damn cold) a 3rd time in 4 weeks.
    But, 2.5 more days of work.  And the person who I was subbing for is back, so, real job.  I'm trying frantically to get things done before I'lm gone--to put pieces in place for other people.
  • Options
    @gbck, I have 1.6 yards each of blue and pink.  It's almost 6in wide.  Any help/instruction would be great.  I've tried googling, but it's too.much.information.  And I don't have a glue gun and I will not be purchasing one since y'know...not crafty.  

The ribbon was on super clearance at Target and I bought it on a total whim.  So if I don't use it, it's nbd.  But the colors are so awesomely vibrant...I hope I can figure it out. 
  • Options
    @GBCK, I must have missed something regarding your unemployment, so I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.  Hope it all works out well.

I had my annual physical this morning and everything is fine so that's good.  Done for another year, yay!  I'm changing allergy meds in hope that it will take care of an annoying post-nasal drip I have constantly.  

The weather is BEAUTIFUL today - high of 70!  I need to get out and enjoy because we are back to seasonable weather by the end of the week and that means 40s and 50s.  I'm so not ready for winter.
  • Options
    It's mostly good--I'm looking, but I'lm leaving voluntarily on my own terms, and it's OK if it takes me a year or 2 :)

I'll see if I can do an easy pic-thing this weekend--my mom was the bow expert.  (as in, she taught the classes at crafty places on how to do bows.  It's kinda scary the magic she can do if she is truly into it
  • Options
    I stayed up way too late to watch the Colts lose.  

I've gone completely insane.  A) I'm trying to figure out how to make bows from some wire and burlap ribbon for SIL's baby shower. I'm not crafty.,  B ) I'm hosting SIL's baby shower next weekend, C) We're hosting Thanksgiving for both sides of the family and we both have to work the day after Thanksgiving.  

DH and I are off tomorrow for our anniversary.  We're getting massages.  

DefConn is in a booster now.  We have to work on when you can and cannot unbuckle your seatbelt. He likes to unbuckle it while I'm pulling into the daycare parking lot.  It's not that big of a deal because we are getting out of the car, but he needs to know that he cannot unbuckle while the car is moving...ever.  

A) It was a close one, mrs.conn.  Panthers are 6-0!

B) I have given up on crafts, but I'm crazy-by-proxy w/Wooz.  She's crafty, so I'm always asking my mom "Do you think she's old enough to try _______?" Because I seriously have no idea, I can't do any of it.

C) We had to deal with booster issues when moving Wooz from the full-on 5-point to the backless/belt-positioning booster.  She loves it, but at first she took way too much advantage of her ability to move the belt around, lean forward, etc. 

Also, put me in the cold camp.  'Tis the season.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

A) It was a close one, mrs.conn.  Panthers are 6-0  7-0!

Fixed it for you.  ;) 

• Options
    So, I'm basically outing myself as an atheist to the entire damn city.  The big skeptic conference here is coming up (1500+ atheists running around the town for 3 days, it's the best) and the main organizer recommended my group for a feature piece in the newspaper.  I don't feel like I can say no, b/c of who recommended our group and the coverage possibility.  The other people I had lined up to do the interview had legit cancellations.  At this point, I'm kind of like, Bring it.  My group just won a national award for all of our charity work, we have monthly volunteer/charity events at a minimum, and we just raised $500 for the Syrian refugee crisis.  If you want to send me hate mail b/c you can't get over my lack of a god, that's your problem.  I'm nervous about it; I don't think there will be any consequences, but you never really know in the Bible Belt.

Other than that, not too much.  I've been nominated to join our local LGBTQ+ group's board, which is awesome, and offered a chair position on it that I'm a leeetle unsure of taking.  It's been admitted that it's being offered to me b/c there's a problem child on the committee and people like the way I've taken care of other problem children.  I'm still debating the chair position.  I'm pretty busy and it's a big job.  I'm also seriously considering applying for a City Council committee on human rights.  I'm also applying for a new job.  It's a paralegal position at the state university, which would be so much of a better fit for me.

Damn...I'm busy.  :D
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2015
    VarunaTT said:

Damn...I'm busy.  :D
    That's what I was thinking reading all that.  :)

Congrats on the article and the nomination and lots of ::purple vibes:: on the job prospect. 

Sounds like you're kicking major ass.  ;) 

• Options
    Thanks.  This last year has had a few really empowering moments about my identity and my goals for my life and it's resulting in feeling like, "BRING ME ALL THE THINGS!"  I just have to be careful not to stretch too thin.
  • Options

That's awesome V! I know you can do anything you put your mind to.

We had M2's teacher conference today.  They pretty much said she's awesome.  Which she is!  I had a moment of concern the other day though.  Neighbor boy turned 5 in July.  He's going to Goddard school 5 days a week all day for Kindergarten this year then will be in M2's class next year.  She's doing 3 days a week 2.5 hours a day.  I hope she isn't struggling next to kids like him.  I have to remind myself that 6let took the same route and he did great.  (and if I'm honest she's got a quicker mind than he does).

@mrs.conn- youtube how to make a bow with wire ribbon.  I did that last year and found some good ones that didn't need a glue gun.  M2 is still in a 5 point because she falls asleep so much.  5 minute drive home from the library yesterday and she was out.

• Options
    The ribbon is not wired, I the ribbon and then I found some wire.  I've googled and found some blogs and videos.  I'm just too afraid to do anything because I don't want it to look jank.  
  • Options
    @mrs.conn23, you've got this!  Pull up your blogs, videos and Pinterest and go at it.  Worst case scenario, you buy more ribbon and start over.
  • Options
    If you gather then use the wire--that's what I'd recommend.
    I'll find a video (becasue my eyeballs have given up on trying to crunch numbers before I leave for today)
  • Options
    like this--but using wire instead of yarn to tie it together:
    http://daisymaebelle.com/easy-burlap-bow-and-basket/

And then you can use that wire to attach it to stuff, so you don't have to hot-glue.

You can do it with way more than 2 loops, to make a fancier bow--like this:
    http://daisymaebelle.com/10-minute-pumpkin-wreath-with-burlap-bow/

or this:
    http://www.tidbitsandtwine.com/diy-inexpensive-fall-wreath-and-fancy-bow/

(except I do not bother with the fancy folding--I just squinch it and pinch it together, wrap the wire, twist it like a twistie and call it good)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards