Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Dates for an "after party"

Our Wedding and Reception is limited to family and participants only. I am hosting an "after party" which is a pool/cocktail party at my home after the reception for the friends we can't invite to the event. Do I send save the date cards to these folks to or do I create an invitation for them?

Re: Save the Dates for an "after party"

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    So you want to invite people to a reception "after party" who weren't invited to the actual wedding?  Yeah, that is a big ol' fat nope.  I get that it sucks that you are limited to who you can invite to your wedding, but that is just how it is.  Having this "after party" is basically a consolation prize.

Edited because I can't spell.

• What they said.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • You cannot invite anyone to the afterparty who was not invited to the wedding.  Very rude.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Why has this become a thing this week?
  • Why has this become a thing this week?

Because the SSes are learning that having the princess wedding is expensive! They totes want all the glitter and glam, but none of the etiquette.

(Pretend I'm not on a mobile and this is in Comic Sans and fuschia!)
  • Just call it a party without connecting it to your wedding. Otherwise it will be tiered hospitality which is extremely rude. It's never appropriate to invite anyone to an after party or any other wedding-related event who is not also invited to the wedding.
  • Wait until the following weekend to have your pool party. Then you can invite anyone you want.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Our Wedding and Reception is limited to family and participants only. I am hosting an "after party" which is a pool/cocktail party at my home after the reception for the friends we can't invite to the event. Do I send save the date cards to these folks to or do I create an invitation for them?
    I'm not saving a date six months ahead of time for a pool party.  I'll save a date for a wedding, but not a regular runofthemill party.  I practically don't care four weeks ahead of time about a pool party, and I probably won't RSVP until the 10 day weather report comes in.  Even then, for just a pool party, I still might change my mind the day before and decide not to attend a pool party if the weather looks iffy.  A pool party is not a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards