Georgia-Atlanta

coordinator- day off

hey guys, 
My name is Kristin, my fiancé and I are getting married at the Wheeler House in Ball Ground, Ga 11/4/16. I was interested in getting a day of planner to help set up details- i.e. candles/decor on tables, clean up of personal decor after, coordinate with vendors with minimum bridal input, and make the day run smooth and stress free.
Does anyone have any reasonable recommendations? I have gotten a few quotes in the $1600 range and that's out of my budget. 

Thanks again 

Re: coordinator- day off

• It sounds like on The Wheeler House website that they provide you with a wedding coordinator? Maybe you should check with them to find out what exactly they will do and won't do on the day of your wedding. A lot of the time they'll be the ones handling vendor arrivals/deliveries/etc. already. Maybe if you can get a list of the items that will be handled, it'll be cheaper to find a back up coordinator to take care of the rest.

Are you hiring a florist? My florist handled all the additional decor set up (lanterns, napkin ties, etc.) as part of her fee.

• $1600 doesn't sound totally out of line for DOC services from a wedding planner. Have you tried asking your venue or caterer about setup services? We found that using our caterer to manage the set up/clean up was the least expensive option for us. Her name is Lana Osbey at Clear Catering and she did a great job on our wedding day. She gave us a discount because we used them for catering, but I'm sure her regular rate is probably well under $1600.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• One of my friend's planner was very affordable -- she used Linda with 3        Goats Tall.  Her services were under $1000 and she was great with the whole wedding party as well as took care of all the details that she wanted done.  Different name for a wedding company but her work was amazing.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards