Not Engaged Yet

Case of the Mondays

Good morning! How was your weekend? 

I went out for drinks with my BFF Friday night and it was so good catching up! 

Saturday, I was hungover but managed to clean the house and do some laundry before H's and my friends arrived. We went out to dinner, then to the Devils game (we won!), and then out for UFC. I still can't believe Ronda lost! 

Yesterday, H and I watched our teams play each other for the 3rd time since we've been together and it was the first time my Eagles lost :disappointed: We went food shopping then cooked dinner and I watched TWD before bed. 

Overall, it was a nice weekend but it went way too quickly! 

After work, I'm going to a class at the gym then I'll cook dinner (HC Pan-Roasted Chicken and Artichokes with Brussels Sprouts, Grape Tomatoes, and White Wine Jus), eat dinner, and watch last night's Homeland before bed. 

I hope everyone's Monday is as painless as possible!

Re: Case of the Mondays

• Good morning.

H and I tossed and turned all night, so we are both dragging today.  I just want to make it through my day and back into bed...  except we have a good risk of tornadoes and hail tonight (9 pm until 2 am).  WUT.  Hopefully it passes on through and we can get some sleep, because we need it!

I'm so sad the weekend is over.

Friday I was off of work nice and early.  I ran all my errands and was home around lunch.  I'd gone to Sprouts and bought a 70% dark chocolate bar to snack on.... except Bella found it first and ate 6 oz of it.  So, the majority of my afternoon was spent on the phone with the vet and trying to get her to barf it up.  Eventually, we were successful, but it wore us both out!!

Saturday, I went to visit my grandma and then go to North Pole City with my mom.  We spent a lot of time getting Christmas decorating ideas...  I can't wait to start.  Next week!!

I practiced some Thanksgiving recipes on Saturday night.  We ate so late (for us).  I took a nap when I got home from being with my mom, and then we went on a run, so by the time I started cooking it was almost 6.  We usually eat by then so my stomach will be empty at bedtime when I take my thyroid meds, but oh well.  It was fabulous.  I made a roasted chicken with my special spice rub over sliced onions (the chicken on top caramelizes them!), tart orange-cinnamon cranberry sauce, homemade green bean casserole, and stuffing.  It was SO GOOD.  I love Thanksgiving food.

O/T: Does anyone want to shop for me?  I'm looking for stretchy skirts/skirts with some give in them for work that I can wear with tights and boots, especially in a neutral color (ie, navy blue, dark purple, black, etc.)

• @swazzle sorry about the Eagles!

Morning!

My weekend was pretty good! I love how stress free my new job is so Saturday was good. I was glued to my phone all day because BF's brother proposed to his longtime GF so I was waiting to to hear back and she said yes!! I got home from work and attempted school work but got distracted talking to my roommate. Then I went to dinner with BF and we watched Ghost Adventures after that.

Yesterday we had brunch at BF's new FSIL's moms house. There was so much good food and it was great company and nobody could stop looking at the ring. It was an awesome day :)

Today after work I need to sit down and redo my budget. Now that I'm getting paid every other week instead of every week I need to adjust some things and it'll be good to update things anyway!
  • @Swazzle - That looks really good.  

@untouchablets - I'm glad your new job is going well.
  • @untouchablets It's so weird when you move pay periods. At first it felt like I had so much more money when I was paid weekly instead of every two weeks and it was definitely an adjustment period!

@Swazzle I'm so sorry the Eagles lost. :(

@CocoBellaF I'm so glad Bella is ok!

• @labro - Have a fun time today! 

@CocoBellaF - That meal on Saturday sounds delicious! 

@untouchablets - Aww congrats to your BFs brother and his fiance! How exciting!

• @Swazzle I'm still upset over yesterday's loss.  There was no reason for that.

@labro Everyone here loves Subarus because they're amazing in the snow.  Soooo if you get it, you can road trip north and visit!

@cocobellaf How about THIS or THIS for skirts?

This weekend was fun.  My bf's brother is visiting from Texas and he brought his puppy.  So we met her on Saturday and then brought Cal over yesterday.  At first both dogs were nuts.  Cal didn't realize how little the puppy was and kept tackling her.  The puppy is in her teething phase and just kept biting. After an hour or so, they calmed down and were playing. It should be an interesting 3 weeks with those two.

I was frustrated with my adviser yesterday; still am today.  Instead of a thesis, I need to complete a cumulative exam to graduate.  My adviser asked for a 48 hour time frame that I would be available, and so I said I was free over the weekend.  He said he would send the exam Friday night.  He sent it late Saturday night, and wants it first thing today.  I'm finishing it up now, but still, I was supposed to have 48 hours to complete and there's a lot of research needed. 

Tonight I'm getting a pedicure with my mom.  Then I'm making pesto chicken and gnocchi for dinner. 

• @speakeasy14 I looooooove the first skirt!!!!!  My brother had to take his comprehensive exam for his graduate degree this weekend.  Good luck!
  • @labro yeah I am worried I'm gonna get carried away. I am getting my vacation hours paid out and I really want to focus on using that money wisely instead of just treating myself lol.

@speakeasy14 good luck with your exam! I would be pissed if that happened. I'm sure you will rock it anyway!
  • @speakeasy14 wtf is up with your advisor??? That is super unfair... I hope you get it submittted on time but I'd still complain!

I also like the all wheel drive for the Subaru. We don't get much snow in Atlanta but it's a huge help when we do since none of the roads get plowed or de iced. They usually just wait for the day or two it takes to melt.

• Morning! I feel like the weekend went by really fast :( On Friday afternoon I was already dreading coming back to work because I have a performance review that's due and a project to work on. I seriously hate writing reviews.

Friday I put my new mattress topper on the bed. That was the most exciting part of my weekend lol. It's so funny when you think about the things you get excited about as an adult - new appliances, decor, etc. H said he felt like he slept well since we got the topper. I think I have too but I think a new pillow is still in order too. I also finished reading The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes and bawled my eyes out. 

Saturday I did my 2 mile video, laundry and then I was inspired by @jenna8984. I went through all my clothes and filled 1 thredup bag, 1 trash bag to throw away and 4 trash bags to donate. So I got rid of 6 bags of clothes! @jenna8984 I ordered that book too - did you read it all or did you just start? Also, I'm pretty sure my "keep" pile was still bigger than the pile you started with lol. It's crazy how much stuff you can accumulate without realizing. 

Yesterday was a lazy day. Me and H hung out on the couch, I started a new book, went food shopping and spent too much time on FB. Which brings me to an Irrational Irritation. I look at the posts on FB for the SF B/S/T group when they come up on my newsfeed. I'm constantly seeing posts like "Hope my box gets delivered before hubby gets home so I can hide it from him!" "Hubby won't let me keep everything, what should I do!" It really annoys. It's supposed to be a "joke" but I think it's ridiculous if you have to hide shit like that from your spouse. Just needed to vent about that because it's driving me crazy every time I see it. 

• @cocobellaF  I hope you have no tornadoes! 

@untouchablets H's cousin got engaged this weekend too! Congrats to your BF's brother.

• @beanbot2002 I'd love to see a picture of the tea sets!
  • jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    @lavenderfields13 I was posting at the same time as you. Yaaaaay, so glad you did it!! Holy shit, you must have SO much if you got rid of 6 bags and still have so much, that's crazy!! haha great job! You will like the book, I finished it in 3 days. I will admit some of her stuff is too crazy for me, like I'm sorry but there's no way I'm going to unpack my purse each day! But 90% of it is insanely useful!

• @cocobellaF they are in pretty bad looking shape right now. I want to find some silver polish and clean them up. We also found silver utensils and silver candlesticks that all went together. Everything is wrapped in boxes right now, but as soon as the cabinets are all installed, I'll get them back out and take pictures. I want to do some before and after pics. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @speakeasy14 - I definitely got too cocky a little early on and it came back to bite me in the butt :tired_face: 

@beanbot2002 - The kitchen renos sound like they're moving along so quickly! I can't wait to see it!

@jenna8984 - I love decluttering like that! I always feel so refreshed after. 

@cu97tiger - You're amazing! Awesome job on the race!!!! Poor pup :disappointed: I hope he feels better soon!

• @beanbot2002 that's so exciting for your son!!

• Swazzle said:

Holy. Crap.

How is Thanksgiving next week?! My jaw just hit the floor when I looked at my calendar and realized this. 

Yeah my nerves are all over the place about this! I feel like I have no time to prepare! Every day I hate BF a little more for scheduling our flight at 9pm the night before Thanksgiving. My head might explode.

• My weekend was pretty good. Friday I went over to BF's parents' house for Shabbat dinner, and then BF and I went back to his place to chill out and watch tv. Watched a few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I had never seen, but it's way funny.

Saturday we picked up a friend and his sister at 7am and drove up to the WVU football game. We almost had a disaster though, on the way up we were talking about which tailgate we would hit first and BF realized he had left our tickets at home! Luckily we were only 10 minutes up the road, so we were able to turn around to get them and only lost maybe a half hour total. We got lost trying to find a friend's tailgate too, they're usually in a specific spot, but for some reason they were a row over. Since we lost so much time I ended up smuggling some tailgate snacks into the game under my coat, hahaha. It was cold, but I had a giant crocheted scarf to keep warm under, drank two hot chocolates, and we won! We headed straight back home after the game and I fell asleep in the last leg of the trip. It was a lonnnnggg day.

Sunday I didn't do squat. I woke up, laid in bed for an hour, and then spent the whole day reading. It was fantastic!

Today I got to work to find out my Monday meeting had been canceled, which means I have an hour to kill this morning, YAY! I do have a lot of research to do for a case today, and I will be on the road tomorrow and Wednesday for audits, but those will both be easy to do.

• @untouchablets - Where are you going/what do you have to prepare for?

• @labro I love Subarus! My first car was a Subaru and it was a beast considering how old it was, my current car is a Subaru, and I'm pretty sure every future car will be Subaru. The AWD is almost vital where I live. Also, I don't know how I lived before having heated seats.

@CocoBellaF I suggest Loft for skirts, my favorite stretchy fabric one came from there a couple years ago. Unfortunately my ass has grown since then so I can't wear it anymore.

@speakeasy14 That's aggravating your advisor didn't send the comp exam until a day after you were supposed to get it, and didn't add a full day to your time to make up for that. Good luck!

@lavenderfields13 I agree the "Lolz gotta hide this from hubby!" stuff is aggravating.

@jenna8984 I really need to declutter. I've been working on it slowly, and it feels SO GOOD to get rid of things. Maybe you have inspired me to actually go through some clothing, I REALLY need to go through my sweaters and decide what to get rid of or keep!

@cu97tiger Congrats on the race!

• @Swazzle Hooooly crap, you're right. Where has this year gone?

• We are going to surprise my parents in Minneapolis on Thanksgiving day. I havent figured out all of the logistics yet, like how we are going to get to my aunts house, what about the rest of the week. My sister turns 16 the day after Thanksgiving, so I want to plan something fun with her. I'm probably overreacting but I've never done anything like this and the only people who know are my sister and my aunt who is hosting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards