Not Engaged Yet

Thursday is not Friday

13»

Re: Thursday is not Friday

• @KnotRiley I'm still having issues with clicking on discussions

• @lavenderfields13 what browser/device are you using? And can you try clearing your cache to see if that helps? 

• @minskat30 - Oh now, hope everything is okay and you have an uneventful flight home. Hilarious story about the cake people misspelling your name on purpose! Oh, and happy happy birthday!

I feel like the stuff they are trying to fit is Discussion Board design 101. Hmph.

I cannot and will not handle snow anytime soon. Though it looks like we COULD get some flurries in NYC when I'm there in a couple weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @wink0erin I heart Bill Nye- Have fun!

• @swazzle - I do that too. I thought everyone did?!

• @beachyone15 - Hmm How long would it take to replace the carpets? Do you host anyone over the holidays? I think I'd be really anxious to get it done so I'd probably do it ASAP but if I was expecting company then that might make me hold off. 

I have a whole section of "ME" gifts to myself on my shopping list. My favorite part is that I get them before Christmas :wink: 

• They would get the material in early December and then it would take a few days to install. We aren't hosting anyone this year, which is good. But I am really anxious to get it done.

• @minskat30 Happy Birthday! I hope you are feeling better! 

@swazzle I cannot wait for The Hunger Games! I am dragging FH to see it on Thanksgiving with my family (he declined to come last year and it was so. hard. not to ruin everything for him!). 

@labro the CX-3 looks like a great choice too! But I am still mad at your H for putting down Subies. I have an unhealthy love for my car (though I would love to upgrade it to a WRX), CVT and all.

@wink0erin I am SO JEALOUS! Bill Nye is awesome and I would love to see him!

@beanbot2002 I can't say that I know how you feel, but I have a strong feeling that I will feel the same way, so I have already started planning an elaborate 1st anniversary trip somewhere (crazy town, I know, we haven't even finished planning our honeymoon itinerary). But it is giving me something else to look forward to and plan. And it sounds like your new flooring will be amazing!

@untouchablets everyone else gave pretty good advice about flying. I always try to stock up on travel size toiletries and fill my gallon size bag to the brim. Also, I agree about making sure absolute necessities are in your personal item (bookbag etc). I have had my carry on bag gate checked many times too, so it is something to plan for. Fortunately even if they gate check it they won't charge you for it. I fly cross country a few times a year at least so feel free to ask me anything else :). Except about traveling with a broken foot; though I will have the answer to that after Sunday!

Yay I finally have time to post and TK is letting me post! Work has been a nightmare; I am so glad that I have a week off next week! However, I am not looking forward to traveling through the airport on Sunday with my foot. I need to call and request a wheelchair, and I haven't decided whether or not to bring the crutches (my dad has a set in NY that he can bring to the airport when he picks us up). I am inclined not to bring them, but I am also worried about possibly getting delayed due to this winter storm in the Midwest/Northeast. If we get really delayed, I would want the crutches (just in case we get a hotel room or something). Plus getting to the airport could be difficult for me without them. I can walk a little bit, so maybe that wouldn't be a huge deal, but IDK. I also have no idea how to transport the crutches...would the airline store them in the overhead bin? Would it count against my carry on item limit? I guess I should probably call the airline and ask these questions. 

• @AuroraRose41 I feel like crutches shouldn't count since they are medically necessary... I'd definitely call. And good to know that I won't get charged if my bag is gate checked! Thank you!
  • @untouchablets no problem! And I did call, and learned that crutches will not be considered a carry on item, so I should be all set. On top of that, they are absolutely necessary for me to be able to travel, as the airline won't provide a wheelchair until you get to the check in counter. Which is quite a walk from the drop off location at our local airport. Well, at least I will have a wheelchair from there until baggage claim in NY. 

Also, on a semi-related note, no MRI or CT scan has been done, and the ortho immediately said sprain after looking at it for all of a minute. He prescribed PT, which I have been going to for the past few weeks, with very little improvement. In fact, the last set of new exercises exacerbated the pain so much that the physical therapist told me today that in her 10 years of experience she has never seen a sprain like this, and recommended I see a different ortho who specializes in ankle injuries. She also told me that she thinks I need an MRI too. So, the initial ortho might have been a quack, and I probably can't get in to see this new one until we come back from NY. Lovely. 

• @AuroraRose41  Oh H still likes Subies - the manual ones anyway. :) I'm just being a butt because I don't want to learn to drive a manual.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards