Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY.

Finally!

This week really dragged for me for some reason but in just a few hours it'll be the glorious weekend! 

I have a lot to do today so hopefully work doesn't make me work too much. I have to finish dealing with my benefits (and H's) because open enrollment ends today. I really don't feel like adulting this much on a Friday (or ever) but it needs to be done.

I also want to go through my gazillion wedding pics and sort some out to print for my house and I'm making my mom and MIL an album for Christmas. Yes, I got married 2.5 years ago. No, nobody has an album yet. That includes me. 

H is going to see some punk rock band tonight and he wants me to go with him but I really don't feel like hating my life that much so I might decline and stay home to catch up on my Thursday night Shonda shows. 

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment at noon and I'm debating going darker or staying the shade I am currently and I'm getting a trim. I feel like the darker hair makes me look fatter AND it definitely looks greasier faster (I'm very oily) BUT it definitely makes my blue eyes pop.

H and I have dinner with SFIL, BIL, SIL, and our nephew tomorrow night which I'm not fully looking forward to because my SIL always asks when we're going to give her kid a cousin and I want to kick her in the knee. 

Sunday, I'll be watching the Eagles play at 1 even though I'm still mad at them and TWD Sunday night! 

(sorry for the novel, @swazzle)

Re: FRIDAY.

• edited November 2015
    @Swazzle I didn't get an album either and I'm far too lazy to put one together myself. Our parents have the link to all our pics (I uploaded them to Shuttefly) and MIL has already printed ones she wants so we can't even give them that for gifts. She also ordered a ton to give to gifts to family..is it just me or is this kinda weird because now WE can't even give them to our family as gifts and we're the couple. 
    I don't know if I've seen pics of your hair darker but I like it light!
    Also that's super annoying of your SIL. I'm assuming your family knows about your feelings on having children so I think it's rude to keep bringing it up.

So I spent last night making dinner and reading. I was trying to finish my book but I was getting so tired so I'll finish it tonight. While I was reading my mom called..I had this bad feeling even though we call each other all the time. My dad is having surgery at the end of the month..he just found out he has colon cancer. I was like nope, this is NOT happening. My mom was very calm about it though and said she is staying calm for my dad. She said all the docs, etc seem to think they can just go in and remove part of the colon and then hopefully he will be fine. Still scary when you hear the word cancer. I had a good cry last night but am going to try to think positive. I'd appreciate your positive thoughts for my dad. I don't really plan on talking to anyone IRL about this besides immediate family. 

Anyways, my plans for the weekend are to do a WAH video tonight, finish my book and then I need to pick up H tonight because he's dropping his car off to get a backup camera installed in the morning. He needs it, the truck is so high off the ground you can't see anything backing up. Tomorrow I have a LHR removal appt which I'm not looking forward to. Sunday I'll be making a sauce for Thanksgiving and that's about it. 

• Thinking about your dad, @lavenderfields13.  I hope the surgery goes smoothly!!

So glad it's Friday.  SO GLAD.  I need a weekend!

I'm off today at 11:00.  I am going to pick up Chick-Fil-A and bring food and hang out with my neighbor who had a baby last week.  So excited!!

Tonight, I have a bunch of errands to run, but I think we're going to eat Mexican and then go by a bakery for a cookie and coffee, so I guess it evens out.

Tomorrow we're having some friends over for chili and dessert and games!  

That's about it for me!  I'm supposed to get my SF today, but we'll see if I get my box or somebody else's box again.
  • @lavenderfields13 Sorry to hear about you dad, all the thoughts and vibes that they caught it early and he will be just fine!!

• @lavenderfields13 - I am so sorry about your dad! It sounds like they caught it early and are optimistic about the surgery. We'll be here every step of the way anytime you need talk about it. SO many hugs <3 

@jenna8984 - I printed my favorite picture right after the wedding and put it in a frame we received as a gift along with our invitation but that's the only picture I have up anywhere in my whole house. It's terrible! I want to make it look like people actually live there now lol That is SUCH an awesome trip! 

• @jenna8984 that will be a really fun trip!!
  • edited November 2015
    @helloliv I hope that you're not headed towards an adrenal crisis!!  Please nap, a lot!  Have fun at your pedicure!  I keep meaning to go get a manicure, but I never make it there.  Whoops.

The past two days I have been sick as a dog.  Bleh!!!

H just emailed me and said he's bringing down the Christmas decorations today...  woo-hoo!!!  
  • @swazzle we are in the process of trying to get a wedding album together for Xmas as well. H & I lack the motivation to finish it though.

@jenna8984 the trip sounds so amazing!

@lavenderfields13 so sorry about your dad, sending you hugs.

Tonight I have to be at the theatre, then home and relaxing and hopefully some more reading.  Saturday I have no plans, but I need to get my wedding band inspected, so I may go early in the morning or in the evening and go to PF Chang's for dinner with H.

No plans for Sunday, I'm supposed to meet my friend for brunch, but haven't heard back from her yet.  So we will probably watch some football, clean the house a bit and watch TWD.

I don't know if I shared this, but the girl who sits in the cube next to me told me she is pregnant Wednesday. It was a bit upsetting because she was completely admitting it was unplanned and complained how she couldn't drink at her wedding and got as she put it "totally wasted at her bachelorette party" before she knew she was pregnant.  So now work which has been a distraction from all thing pregnancy related I have to deal with that. I just keep hoping very soon I'll have good news to share.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - That was extremely insensitive of your coworker.  Lots of love.  Is there anything we can do to help you right now?
  • @cocobellaf mmmm chik-fil-a Polynesian sauce mmmm

@helloliv oh no, really hoping you feel better and don't have to go to the hospital! Keep us posted please

@peaseblossom55 that sucks about your coworker, try not to think about it, you WILL have good news soon!

• @Peaseblossom55 I'm sorry your co-worker upset you. Did she know about Anneliese? I am keeping everything crossed for good news for you!

• @lavenderfields13 - T&P going out to your family.  We're all here for you.

@helloliv - I hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank God the end of this week is finally here.  I woke up stupid early this morning for absolutely no reason and was at the office by 6:30.  This is my last day of work before the holiday break.  We have all of next week off for Thanksgiving, then I have one day of class the Monday after before I leave for Istanbul on December 1!  It's a quiet day...I've been grading things as they come in, but I was pretty lax with deadlines, which means I'll have a huge rush of stuff and then nothing for a few days.  So far this morning is shaping up to be a nothing morning.  I'm going to leave here in a little while and run some errands...I need to go by Target and the pharmacy, and go grocery shopping.  I have yoga this afternoon, and I've scheduled a 90-minute massage for later that I am so looking forward to.  It's been too long since I had one.

This weekend is dedicated to deep-cleaning the apartment.  The dog has had a problem with fleas, and I've been fighting a war against them for the last couple of weeks.  I've almost got them under control, but it's a long and frustrated process and I want to win the war!  Luckily, when I gave her a bath last night, I only saw 2 actually on her, so the Frontline seems to be working at least.  Apparently the bugs in coastal Georgia are not to be messed with.
  • thank you @helloliv  @Peaseblossom55 @labro

@helloliv I hope you feel better asap and it's not an andrenal crisis
    @peaseblossom55 Sending you all the vibes so you will have good news soon :)
    @labro I hope you are able to get a new car this weekend!

• @swazzle I know that picture is not you but I feel like you always have that same texture. How do you get that, where it's like not straightened but not full on curling ironed, just like the one twist/tousled?? Mine won't do that lol.

• @futuremrshistorian Fleas. Are. The. Worst. Ever. I think we've finally won our battle against ours. We had to switch meds too from Frontline to Nexgaard and get our whole house treated. Seems to have worked.

@Swazzle PS I think your new hair is going to look great! I seriously need to schedule an appointment.

• @Peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry to hear about your insensitive co-worker.  Some people just talk and talk and don't think about how it impacts other people.  Hugs for you!
  • @futuremrshistorian - Your trip is so soon! 

@jenna8984 - My hair rarely looks like that too! I have super duper straight hair. I have a beachwaver but even when I use that, my hair doesn't have that "I woke up like this and my hair is fucking incredible" look to it. I need someone to teach me their ways. And I need it to be quick/easy because ain't nobody got time for the beachwaver at 5am and I'm also fairly uncoordinated. 

@Peaseblossom55 - I LOVED IT. H did too and he's not nearly as obsessed as I am and he didn't read the books. 

• @twodimes holy crap, that much snow already?! I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten any yet. Omg the Indy pic is sooooooooo cute. And I'll def give you all the Azore tips in a few months!

• @Swazzle - I KNOW!  I leave in 10 days!!!  BF is actually already on his way there--his kids are coming to spend next week with him.  Next week for Thanksgiving I'm going to visit my sister/BIL/nephew, so it's basically like vacation starts today!
  • @TwoDimes - More Indy pics!!!!!!
  • @TwoDimes I could be pissed off about the snow....but Indy in the snow is just SO CUTE! Think of how much fun she's going to have running around in it in her new backyard! I hope you get a fun date night tonight regardless!

• @twodimes thank you. Indy is adorable! But ahhhh the s- stuff already :-(

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards