Not Engaged Yet

Monday

Good morning! How's everyone been? 

I had an awesome Thanksgiving filled with tons of yummy food and good wine. It was so nice spending the day with my family! 

On Friday, I worked until 1:30, went home and napped, and then H and I went to the Devils game. 

Saturday, we got up and decorated the house! I'm so happy with how it's turning out. I still want to add more lights to the roof and the bushes but we ran out and it started raining. 

And for good measure, here's Brody in his Christmas sweater: 

He's not actually that fat, it's a strangely awkward angle. 

H went out that night with friends and I stayed home and ate Thanksgiving leftovers and watched movies (Dark Places and Annabelle). 

Yesterday, we got up early and headed to MetLife Stadium to tailgate for the Dolphins/Jets game. It was a fun day except for the outcome of the game. 

When we got home, I immediately passed out for a while, woke up, lounged around, and watched TWD before bed. 

I hate that it's Monday already! 

Re: Monday

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @swazzle love the decorations! We are starting at my house, and gonna go get our Christmas tree tomorrow :)

I already posted about my Thanksgiving in my AW thread so just popping in to say hi!! I've got a good week ahead of me, and I am getting into Christmas mode!

Anybody doing any cyber Monday shopping today? Banana Republic is having a great sale so I got BF a sweater from there and I may double back and place another order if the inspiration strikes. He never wants anything for Christmas, just clothes. So boring.
  • @swazzle the house looks great.  How did you get Brody in a sweater? Doing that to any of mine would result in some serious puncture wounds.

I wish I could say I had a great thanksgiving weekend.  It was ok.  I felt sad thinking of what would have been and what life should have been like. It was nice to see family though.  I enjoyed being with H's family for some reason more than mine.  Friday we did some decorating to the house and some cleaning.  I didn't finishing hanging the ornaments. H needs to buy a ladder to set up the icicle lights.  We have moving deer and Christmas trees on our lawn. I also ordered a stocking for Anneliese.

Saturday my friend had a party, because she is adopting a boy from china and is becoming a single mom.  So all of our friends were there. H & I were pretty miserable, all of our friends except one had healthy kids, and some were also pregnant again.  It was so upsetting.  Yesterday I made a butternut squash and apple soup. We played video games, watched football and TWD. Also my period is due any day now making the first cycle a bust. I'm trying to get myself into a better mood, but this weekend was a rough one.

Anniversary

• @untouchablets - I saw BR, Gap, and ON have 40% off today but I can only find things to buy myself :flushed: I am going to order Christmas cards though (Vistaprint has 60% off) and I bought a throw blanket from Pottery Barn because I had a $50 gift certificate that was expiring today. 

@Peaseblossom55 - It was surprisingly easy to get Brody into the sweater! Hailey is the only one I wouldn't try to put it on because she would definitely kill me. Sending you big hugs <3

@TwoDimes - The ornament looks so great and your tree is beautiful! 

@Jstump2 - Love the nursery! The polka dots and stencil print look great!

@speakeasy14 - You were so busy this weekend! I'm so jealous of your trip! 

• @speakeasy14 so jealous of your trip. I've never been to mexico either.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 Thinking of you.  Lots of hugs and love.

I spent my Thanksgiving weekend sick sick sick sick sick.  I'm grumpy and irritable and hungry.  Bax woke us up at 11 PM last night with epic fishbutt, and then there was a pretty good earthquake that woke us up at 3:45 AM, and then the alarm went off way too soon at 5:15 AM.

Wishing I was still at home and in my PJs.  Too bad we don't get a full week off for holidays!

@TwoDimes - the ornaments are really cute!
  • @speakeasy14 - I went to Cancun in college and got super sick even though I'd been really careful/mindful of the water situation. Just be careful with that and have a great time! 

• @speakeasy14 - I LOVE Mexico.  H and I go there whenever we can.  What resort do you think you guys will get?
  • @cu97tiger Riviera Maya, I should know the resort tomorrow.

@swazzle thanks for the heads up
  • @Peaseblossom55  *hugs*

@Jstump2 love the walls!

@speakeasy14 Where in Riviera Maya are you going? I've been there and it was amazing!

Guess who forgot their glasses today and is pretty much guaranteed to have a migraine by end of day! Which sucks because I have my course tonight. Guhh!

Seems like everyone had a great Thanksgiving :) Normal weekend for me!

Weekend wasn't bad. Matt stayed up late to get t.v from Best Buy .... but their site crashed *sigh*  Finally got it to at least reserve the t.v and went to bed a 2am. Then he was up at 5am to go grab it .... he calls me at 6:30am to meet him downstairs to help. Needless to say, it was a long day at work. Pretty much did nothing that night.

Saturday we were up and doing stuff. Got wall mount for new t.v, talked to our cable/net/phone provider about a few things, dropped wings off at in-laws for Sunday. Got home and set up wall mount ... etc etc. Took longer than I anticipated :\

Realized we need to clean our over ASAP ... made some chicken tornadoes and our place got so smokey! They weren't burnt but I think grease in our oven was just too much.

Sunday was more running around, and then grey cup. We lost. I couldn't eat the wings because Matt's mum ended up making them buffalo style. So much heat I had to put lip balm on after to kill heat on lips :\ Oh well .... salad, potatoes and chips were fine.

This week is pretty busy;
    Monday: course
    Tuesday: dentist
    Wednesday: course
    Thursday: Nutcracker play
    Friday: Matt's xmas party
    Saturday: Xmas shopping with mum
  • @minskat30 Thank you!

@cu97tiger I felt so bad for not being supportive of my friend and being there for her party, even if it made us sad I wanted to be there and celebrate.  What shows are you going to see in NY?

Anniversary

• @minskat30 I have no idea what resort we'll be at, there's too many to choose from haha.  I do know that it is guaranteed to be a 4.5 star rated resort. 
  • @labro - Which roll recipe did you end up going with?
  • @labro - Which roll recipe did you end up going with?
    Ummm I forgot to pin the link but it was the first one - very dense huge rolls! They were so easy too!!!! I did not do a very good job of making evenly sized rolls though....

• @labro - As long as they are tasty!  I made some rolls too, but did the easy  honey rolls.

@futuremrshistorian - Yes, we got ice!  Have fun in Istanbul!
  • @futuremrshistorian thank you.  Have a great time in Istanbul!

Anniversary

• @futuremrshistorian Safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!
  • @TwoDimes Omg your H!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards