Flowers

going without bouts?

did any of you go without bouts or are planning to do without them?
for some reason, i've never been attracted to the idea very much, and my FH will be in his dress military uniform and won't be wearing one anyways.
so what do you all think about going without them for all the groomsmen?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: going without bouts?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it and honestly, no one will probably even notice if they're gone.  If you don't want them, you definitely don't have to do them.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    FI and BM will both be in their dress blues and since they won't be wearing bouts I decided not to do them for anyone.  I've never been a fan of them either. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've never seen the wedding without them completely but I have seen non-flower bouts before. They were little feathers/pins that went with the decor. I don't think anyone will notice or care.
    Anniversary
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Here's the thing.  In the case of the OP (and mine) since the groom is going to be in a military uniform he is not permitted to pin anything that is not part of the uniform to it.  So for those of you who are pro bout with that bit of information would it seem odd for the men who aren't in uniform to have them when the key male figure of the wedding doesn't have one? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think we're skipping them. our groomsmen will be wearing tuxes with pocket squares in the same color as the bridesmaid dresses, and i think it would look weird with both the pocket square and a flower. i think in your case it makes sense to skip, too. i don't think people will even notice.
    Anniversary image<br
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think going without is fine.  My fiance was just in a wedding and none of the guys had them.  No one is going to be whispering about the fact they are missing.
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing pocket squares instead of boutonnières 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not having them, either. Never particularly liked them.
  • edited December 2011
    not having them, FI doesnt wanna wear them and be "flowery" its his choice =) and I dont think anyone will notice
    My Shoes :)Photobucket
  • bfuller1085bfuller1085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI is very much against it, actually whined when I said I planned on getting them anyways. so Ive considered not having them myself. We're doing pocket squares as well and in the end this budget bride will be saving a ton by not having calla lillies on the guys :)

• JustKateJustKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are not having bouts or corsages.  My FH didn't want to wear one which trickled into the GM not wearing them, his dad not wearing one and even resulted in the mom's not wearing corsages to be fair across the board.  It's been a huge cost saver!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_going-bouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:e51c3c71-dff3-4cbf-8d01-51b98a0e8ecfPost:a49c2df7-64f8-4d11-9fd2-a7b2680013b0">Re: going without bouts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are doing pocket squares instead of boutonnières 
    Posted by shericamarie[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.  I wouldn't go completely without something, but pocket square looks very classy.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding in the san juan islands this summer and the groom and GM all had sea shells with pins glued to them to wear in place of bouteneirs. it sounds weird and they looked kind of weird when we glued the pins on but looked great when worn on the tuxes.  I agree with the other posts...you can leave them out and no one will notice or care.
  • skylarjo04skylarjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe just do it for the parents- i think thats all Im going to do. Just seems like a waste of money and my fiance doesn't care one way or the other anyway.
  • ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It makes sense in your case, but just make sure their ties and vests or whatever make the outfit interesting enough without a boutonniere.   Personally I would want to give the groomsmen something to wear, like personalized cufflinks, just to make them feel special and part of a group.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards