Wedding Party

Bridesmaids Gift Price Range??

Hi!

I am wondering how much I should spend on bridesmaids gifts..like a price range. I don't want to get something cheap but at the same time, I am not rich enough to buy them super nice stuff.

Please note that the bridesmaids will be renting a dress for $50 each (including alteration) and I am paying for their hair and make up which costs more than $100 per person. 

Re: Bridesmaids Gift Price Range??

• Hi!

I am wondering how much I should spend on bridesmaids gifts..like a price range. I don't want to get something cheap but at the same time, I am not rich enough to buy them super nice stuff.

Please note that the bridesmaids will be renting a dress for $50 each (including alteration) and I am paying for their hair and make up which costs more than $100 per person. 
    Paying for their hair and make up is for your pictures and thus not a gift to them. Still, how much you can afford to spend on the gifts is up to you. But don't include that $100 in that amount.
    This.  Their gift should not reflect your wedding in any way.  Choose an amount you can afford and shop for them like it is their birthday.  The hair and makeup is not a gift because it benefits YOU the most, which is not exactly something you want your gift to say.  

• My friends don't really do birthday or Christmas presents anymore but shopped like I would have lol. Don't make it wedding centric (aka shitty robes you want them to wear for pictures).

I spent about the same amount on each woman (around $40) because I had 9 bridesmaids. We didn't do gifts for parents or each other.   I also included a really heartfelt letter to each of them (I would do this ahead of time, not the weeke before the wedding). Some got clutches, some got wine, some got makeup, some got jewelry. 

• I also paid for my bridesmaid's hair and makeup but in no way was that my gift to them. It was something I simply wanted to do for them.

For their actual bridesmaid gifts, I spent somewhere around $50 a bridesmaid. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It just depends on your budget. There's no formula to calculate, but I would take a look at what you're spending on the wedding overall. If you're dropping $50K on a wedding, it's going to look cheap if you spend $10 on each person. If you have limited means, $10 each might make perfect sense.

FWIW, I spent $50-100 on each.  
  • I think I spent between $5-50/pp.  I know $5 sounds cheap, however; I found what was the perfect book for my sister.  It was on sale and I knew in my heart that she would love it over anything I spent a ton of money on.  I shopped for them as individuals and not as bridesmaids.  Each got a different $ value spent, but the gift reflected who they are.

• I hadn't thought about BM gifts. What about a nice necklace, then they could wear it to the wedding as well! 
  • Viczaesar said:

MWVD said:

I hadn't thought about BM gifts. What about a nice necklace, then they could wear it to the wedding as well! 

Gifts to be used in the wedding are a prop, not a gift.

------------

This.

Something fun and more personal to each girl (not a generic 'one size fits all gift) that isn't wedding related will be a great gift, it doesn't have to cost ££££'s it just needs some thought .

• MWVD said:
    I hadn't thought about BM gifts. What about a nice necklace, then they could wear it to the wedding as well! 
    Gifts to be used in the wedding are a prop, not a gift.
    ------------ This. Something fun and more personal to each girl (not a generic 'one size fits all gift) that isn't wedding related will be a great gift, it doesn't have to cost ££££'s it just needs some thought .
    If jewelry is their style, and they could but are not required to wear the jewelry for the wedding, then great. 
    Was a BM twice this past year. One gift included a very fancy bracelet (all BMs matching). Some of the girls wore the bracelets for the wedding; I didn't because I already had a fancy bracelet with matching earrings to wear. The other gift included a personalized necklace. Some girls wore theirs with the dress; I didn't think mine went with the dress or my other accessories, so I didn't wear it. 
    In both cases, no big deal. I like the jewelry and will wear the stuff just some other time. 

• @scribe95  vendor alert

• Vendors are not allowed to solicit here. You can post here and give advice, but not advertise your products or services.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited December 2015
    @wppdj @DebbieD44 - contact the advertising department if you want to advertise your business on TK.

• DebbieD44 said:
    It's hard to give an amount on what you should spend on your bridesmaids.  It's really just something you have to include as part of your overall wedding budget.  Check out [I removed her website] as they have some great gifts you can have personalized for $15-$30.
    I really don't get this personalization thing.  Like, at all.  Why the fuck do I need my name on a wine glass (that likely doesn't match the rest of my glasses)?  Is it in case I drink so much I forget my name?  I use quality, non-personalized glasses all the time and seem to be functioning okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards