Wedding Etiquette Forum

Things you don't get

Re: Things you don't get

• I eat mashed potato sandwiches and grits/eggs/cheese on wheat bread.

But, cookies and milk or cornbread/cake and milk wig me out.

I only use my Ebrake on hills in the automatics. In the manuals I never use it, just park it in gear.

I only say good things about DH online. I try not to just gripe about him. I have a couple of older, trusted, married girl friends who will tell me if I'm being difficult or if he's wrong, otherwise I try not to air our dirty laundry. He's a good guy most of the time.
  • I like putting mashed potatoes on rolls! But I am the girl  who has mashed potatoes with mashed up crackers mixed in for lunch like once a week. Mashed potato tacos are a specialty in my house! Stop judging me you whores.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:b91b2647-fc54-4f82-bf10-0d573beb5651">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you don't get : That's what I do.  I have yet to find a technology that can properly convey my point without having my tone, volume, and glowing eyes of doom there to warn DH when he has officially gone too far, ya know?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I KNOW! 

Also, apparently there are technology companies limiting email use to force people to talk face to face or on the phone.  It's more productive than electronic communications.  Says a lot.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I dont get coloured jeans. They just look... really unflattering to me. Especially coloured skinny jeans. 
  • I love cookies and milk. Ice cold milk and cookies. Yuuuuum. 
  • Along the vein of Facebook irritations, There is a lady that is a member of a local swap page that I belong to, that every time she posts about an item she has available, her aunt comments on it talking about random family drama, in all capitals. "LIZZIE THIS IS YOUR AUNT MARGO!!!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED ME BACK??? I CALL AND CALL BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER?!?!I HOPE YOU'RE NOT STILL MAD ABOUT ME ASKING IF YOUR HUSBAND WAS GAY! HE'S JUST SO FEMININE! IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU!!!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:c697bd00-e628-49b7-bc6d-b0e65d531d11">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont get coloured jeans. They just look... really unflattering to me. Especially coloured skinny jeans. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Guilty.

But they make my ass look so good, so no jury will convict me.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:3a1fec8a-405e-4f23-9ee8-07f553173d6c">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb - you would've hated my outfit on Friday then. I've come to accept that I like trendy things that most people dislike. I still don't get why people ask me "How long until SoandSo is off the phone?" How the eff am I supposed to know that?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
    <p>I sit near the boardroom at work, whenever the door is shut I get asked whos in there, what theyre discussing and how long they will be. WHY would I know that? They didnt run their agenda past me before hand and im not psychic. I dont understand questions like that at all.</p><p> </p><p>On the same train of thought, when people come hang out at your desk but youre on the phone and they just wait. I saw you, I know you needed me, now go away. Dont just stand around waiting for me to get off the phone. </p>
  • I like the trendy things but I get really pissed that none of them would look good on me. I went shopping the other week and almost left crying because all of the shirts were like 20 sizes too big and they made me look like a whale. But a model sized girl can wear an oversized shirt and look even tinier. How the hell does that work!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:5b4a5e31-bc0e-4b19-802e-e98017ce514b">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you don't get : I sit near the boardroom at work, whenever the door is shut I get asked whos in there, what theyre discussing and how long they will be. WHY would I know that? They didnt run their agenda past me before hand and im not psychic. I dont understand questions like that at all.   <strong>On the same train of thought, when people come hang out at your desk but youre on the phone and they just wait. I saw you, I know you needed me, now go away. Dont just stand around waiting for me to get off the phone. </strong>
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I hate when people try to talk to me in my office when I'm on the phone.  My boss is guilty of this all the time. 

Or when people come to the door when I'm on the phone, and keep hammering on the doorbell.  There's a window between my office and the porch.  You can look in and SEE that I'm on the phone.  Don't ring the fucking bell.  I will get up and answer it as soon as I can, ringing the bell only makes me crazy.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:06edd4a6-c046-407f-9ba0-af205079b7bd">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you don't get : Ok.  Maybe I'm old.  But what happened to talking?  With voices?
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

I listed texting because if they will only communicate via technology and won't talk (like they've stated during their wall of comments) texting is better than FB comments, IMO.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:c697bd00-e628-49b7-bc6d-b0e65d531d11">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont get coloured jeans. They just look... really unflattering to me. Especially coloured skinny jeans. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I think they look cute on little girls, and some of those super thin teenagers that don't have a lot of hip. I don't think anyone outside of high school should wear them though. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    We have a wooden door at work and sometimes people just knock on it and dont come in for a minute or so. Its an office, you just walk in. I dont get what they knock for, cause im certainly not getting up to answer the damn door.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:2b5a670d-734a-4c03-a42d-7488207b6a7d">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Along the vein of Facebook irritations, There is a lady that is a member of a local swap page that I belong to, that every time she posts about an item she has available, her aunt comments on it talking about random family drama, in all capitals. "LIZZIE THIS IS YOUR AUNT MARGO!!!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED ME BACK??? I CALL AND CALL BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER?!?!I HOPE YOU'RE NOT STILL MAD ABOUT ME ASKING IF YOUR HUSBAND WAS GAY! HE'S JUST SO FEMININE! IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU!!!"
    Posted by seesawgirl[/QUOTE]

Ha I saw something like this too on one friends status. She just put a random status update and some aunt said "You should go see your mom, she doesn't go to work until 1" then like two days later it was "I see you didn't take my advice to go see your mom" What the heck aunt? Leave her the fuuuck alone, she doesn't want to visit her mom!
  • I don't understand ballsacks on pick up trucks...or on vehicles in general.  It looks stupid and makes me want to punch something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:dc4bfb2a-5da9-4eda-8f9a-3d6928a67e8e">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the trendy things but I get really pissed that none of them would look good on me. I went shopping the other week and almost left crying because all of the shirts were like 20 sizes too big and they made me look like a whale. <strong>But a model sized girl can wear an oversized shirt and look even tinier. How the hell does that work!</strong>
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Photoshop : p</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    I want to get a pick up truck just so I can put balls on mine. I think it would be awesome if my truck had nuts. Bigass brass ones.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:843c759c-9abb-46eb-8680-508992080383">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you don't get : Ha I saw something like this too on one friends status. She just put a random status update and some aunt said "You should go see your mom, she doesn't go to work until 1" then like two days later it was "I see you didn't take my advice to go see your mom" What the heck aunt? Leave her the fuuuck alone, she doesn't want to visit her mom!

I know right? I've bee very tempted, on several occasions, to just block the lady, but she posts some really cute stuff that I love to ogle, and hope to be able to afford soon. :p
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:8e461f97-3847-4d1b-a267-3f371aa852ed">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you don't get : Eye to eye on all counts. Muni - I'm obsessed with my colored jeans. They make me irrationally happy.

I love mine too.  Too bad the trend will be completely over by the end of the summer and I'll have to stop wearing them eventually.  sigh.
  • I have an aunt like that, she's always in my business, I have finally just hidden her from my status updates, it's ridiculous.
  • Another FB I don't get.  It is possible to create a business page on FB, it drives me crazy when people devote their entire page to their Mary Kay or Pampered Chef products.  Mostly this is because I usually only look at FB on my phone and it fills up the entire screen and takes far too long to scroll by.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:dc4bfb2a-5da9-4eda-8f9a-3d6928a67e8e">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the trendy things but I get really pissed that none of them would look good on me. I went shopping the other week and almost left crying because all of the shirts were like 20 sizes too big and they made me look like a whale. But a model sized girl can wear an oversized shirt and look even tinier. How the hell does that work!

Because fashion hates you if you aren't as thin as a string bean.

I ADORE my body most days.  The days I don't adore it - when I'm shopping.  I think I have fantastically awesome tits, a bangin' ass and a nicely shaped waist.  I put on a top and I look like a fuckin tank?  Thanks, designers.  That's funny.  Hil-ar-ious.
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    Another "i dont get", old navy sizing. I wear an XL pretty much everywhere, but somehow fit into mediums and larges at old navy. That just seems like a HUGE disconnect to me and I dont really get it.
  • My mom has this super annoying friend that she's stopped texting. She then sent me a FB message saying "Tell your mom to text me!!!!!!!!!!!!" How awkward is that? Leave me alone, I don't even like you. I only fb friended you to avoid hurting your feelings.
  • It is not just photoshop! I think Rachers is living proof that she can pretty much wear anything and make it look adorable.
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    My beau hates facebook or any kind of technology really. I still roll my eyes when I think about his fifteen minute rant on directed advertising on google (I never searched it on this computer HOW does it know?? is the government accessing my computer???? Continued paranoid nonsense!!). He uses me as his facebook as he gets on maybe once every six months or so and I'm FB friends with a bunch of his cousins and aunts. He asked me the other day when his godson's bday was. WTH isn't that something you should know since he's your godson? ugh. And when he does get on, he tends to post asshole comments. 

edit - another FB 'i don't get' -- people who post aggressively christian comments. I don't mind scripture but there was one that this guys was talking about why shouldn't you lecture other people about the evils of their ways since you're in the right? and so on and so forth. keep it to yourself man.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • seesawgirlseesawgirl member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Oh, another thing that I don't get. Men that hit on married women, or specifically men that hit on their friend's wives. I've been with DH for 5 years, and have known dude in question the entire time, and now that DH an I have gotte married, he seems to think its appropriate to tell me what he thinks of my boobs. Um, no. Not appropriate. I see this happening a lot, with several of my married friends, and I don't get it, AT all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:fdf733c4-8821-4789-84d9-8a008937519a">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another FB I don't get.  It is possible to create a business page on FB, it drives me crazy when people devote their entire page to their Mary Kay or Pampered Chef products.  Mostly this is because I usually only look at FB on my phone and it fills up the entire screen and takes far too long to scroll by.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

My FB friends sell tons of crap - Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Thirty One, Lia Sophia, Tupperware, It Works! and a bunch of other garbage.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-you-dont-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:000bea45-5885-44d7-8c3b-14d6c7f83ff9Post:6a764c8e-39d7-42cd-8de8-47221e07f72a">Re: Things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lizzie - those are stupid. And it reminds me. I don't get why people feel the need to get a GIANT decal of like "FORD" on the back of their windshield. I'm pretty sure I can figure out the make and model of your car without you plastering it in giant letters on your car. What's the point?

<div>I also don't get the in memoriam window decals, especially the ones that take over most of the rear window.  Or the virgin of guadalupe ones.  Really, anything that impedes your sight like that should be against the law.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You are preachin' to the choir AATB. Put an oversized shirt on these ta-ta's and I might as well be wearing a MuMu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards