Wedding Woes
Options

Fine way to start Christmas Vacation

We knew the main water valve to the house was an issue so FIL tried to fix it.  He pulled too hard and broke the packing nut.  At 6:30 pm.  So there was an emergency plumbing call.

DH usually leaves for work ~5:30.  I heard him open the front door at 6:30.  Someone had stopped in the middle of a 2 lane highway to watch a 3 legged deer. It's wet and he couldn't stop in time.  He was able to get home, but his car isn't really driveable.  He's got the van so I'm stuck at home.  I had places to go today!!  Like to do all the grocery shopping for the week and get paint samples and cards.

Blergh.   

Re: Fine way to start Christmas Vacation

• Options
    So sorry, 6, that sucks.

• Options
    Oh boo!!  That's awful!  
  • Options
    I really hope he doesn't get in trouble for not calling insurance yet.  It's been 5 hours.  The good news is we have a car we can borrow, bad news is it's a 3 hr round trip to get tonight.   He's on his way home, but I don't know if he's staying/going/what.  I'm hoping he's here at least an hour so I can grocery shop alone.  He's convinced it's going to be totaled.
  • Options
    Oh no!  I'm glad your DH is ok.
  • Options
    Car rental maybe a benefit on your car insurance.  I would check with them before driving 3 hours rt to borrow a car.  
  • Options
    Ugh, that really, really sucks.  I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Good news: he's home the rest of the day so I can run errands alone.  Kudos to State Farm for always asking if everyone is ok first.  He's asking about the car rental, but I know previously there was like a $50/day bonus for not using the rental option.  That can go a long way.

He's borrowing the car from his dad who was getting it ready to sell.  Now we may look at the option of just buying that too.  I know it's not what he WANTS, but a Honda CR-V we know was well cared for could be good for now.
  • Options
    I'm glad everyone is all right, 6!  Sounds like it's getting resolved, but blerg indeed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards