Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited December 2015 in Wedding Woes
Good morning, WW!  Only two more days until Christmas!  What's on the docket?

Busy day.  Work is pretty dead.  I'm taking a half day, and this afternoon I am running to Costco, Trader Joe's, and the Fresh Market, dropping everything at home, and hitting DS's class party.  Taking the kids home afterward and trying to straighten up the house.  As soon as I get them in bed tonight, I'm off to the airport to pick up my brother.  Which I'm slightly annoyed about, because I've asked him for his flight info twice, with no response.  We're supposed to have scattered storms tonight, so if he's going to be delayed at all, I would rather hang out at home than spend an hour or two at the airport Starbucks, KWIM? 

Tomorrow is Kitten Day!

(ETF punctuation)

Re: Wednesday!

• Waiting for the electrical inspector then calling for structural.  These inspectors are pains in the ass.  You call by 3:30 the day before and leave a message.  Since they have to come inside you have to call between 7:30-8 to get an eta. Except they don't have a route that early so they have to call you back.  It's so DUMB.

I need to finish wrapping, make dinner, dust and vacuum the first floor, return carpet samples, and apparently they $190 I spent at Meijer still left me with no dish detergent. 

Seriously considering mimosas. 
  • I really should have taken this week off. Live and learn! I have no motivation to work and since sitting at my desk at 8 am I've done nothing- like maybe read a few emails.

I plan to skip out early, maybe start working on baking some cookies. I need to finish wrapping up some gifts, and I really should do a few other things so I can relax after Christmas.

5 days off starting tomorrow....I can't wait.
  • I've been lazy most of the day after not getting up until almost 9. We went to see Star Wars yesterday. I have a ton of papers and projects to grade, but I've resolved not to do any of it until after Christmas so I can feel like I had a vacation.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AND apparently it's not one inspector.  I find out as the electrical inspector is leaving that there is a separate HVAC guy.  I ask him if he's doing the plumbing and find out that someone ELSE.  Not just someone really, it goes through the department of health instead of code compliance.  BUt WAIT, that has a separate permit too!  I had to drive to that office, pay another $80 and THEN get the inspector scheduled for tomorrow.  AGAIN it's order it today and call at 8 am to get an eta.  At least tomorrow I know they won't be any later than noon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards