Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Picking pictures for the album

We have 869 pictures from our wedding from the photographer. From that, we have to pick 40 to go in the album that she is assembling for us. I'm barely half way through and have about 60 pics picked. Yikes. What pictures have others included in the album? I don't know if I should use more candid ones only or some of the posed family ones. Any thoughts?

Re: Picking pictures for the album

• This really is such a personal choice. I preferred more candid shots because I'm not really a fan of posed shots. But I did include some of the posed ones with our close family members. I also included 3 or 4 from our first look too. 

You're just going to have to go with the pictures you love most. Good luck! 
  • We just tried to get pictures from each part of the day.  First look, ceremony, entrance to reception, dances, toast and family photos.   It was hard narrowing them down, but we did not include any getting ready photos (didn't need to see me getting my makeup on!) or any reception dancing pictures.  We tried to keep the album classic looking.
  • We had a hard time too! What we did was went through and marked all our favorites which ended up being over double what we were allowed. Then we went back through and knocked out a few more again and again until we were down to the limit. We went with mostly candid ones for the album because we figured the other ones we could frame and hang up. It could go either way, we just had to make cuts somehow and that's what we chose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards