Wedding Reception Forum

In desperate need of sparklers!

I am getting married on Tuesday and we have just realized we do not have sparklers. I have called Michaels, local hardware shops and party shops, Walmart, and Target. Do you all have ideas on where to buy sparklers in the DC area in December?

Re: In desperate need of sparklers!

• Not familiar with DC, you might want to try posting on you local board. My thoughts would be to go to a fireworks supply, I know they are already open around here selling things for New Years. 
  • No help but academic interest: are they even legal in DC? 

I ask ask because they're not in NJ, and it seems weird that we'd be more restrictive than the capital. 
  • No help but academic interest: are they even legal in DC? 

I ask ask because they're not in NJ, and it seems weird that we'd be more restrictive than the capital. 
    I wondered this too, according to one website I glanced at they are if they are under 20 inches long (which seems backwards to me, that means its closer to burning my hand!). I always wonder though if venues are going to allow sparklers when people ask.....
  • Agree w/ PPs - OP, have you checked with your venue to make sure they're even allowed?  And if they are, perhaps they know where you can get them.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    Most of the surrounding areas in VA and MD they are illegal or can only be sold during a specific time period.    That might be why you are having a hard time finding them.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards