Honeymoon Discussions

Anniversary-Moon in Mexico...but where? Help!

:D I am trying to plan an all-inclusive trip to Mexico at the end of May 2016 to surprise my husband for our 2 year Wedding Anniversary. Neither of us have ever been to Mexico so I don't even know where to start. We want all inclusive, not full of college students on spring break, and not full of children either. Beautiful beaches, drinks, and adventures. Where do I start? Thank you in advance!
Savanna

Re: Anniversary-Moon in Mexico...but where? Help!

• slesli said:
    :D I am trying to plan an all-inclusive trip to Mexico at the end of May 2016 to surprise my husband for our 2 year Wedding Anniversary. Neither of us have ever been to Mexico so I don't even know where to start. We want all inclusive, not full of college students on spring break, and not full of children either. Beautiful beaches, drinks, and adventures. Where do I start? Thank you in advance!
    @slesli

I would suggest avoiding the overly popular places such as Cancun, etc. When I was younger my family would go on vacation to Puerto Vallarta and it was absolutely beautiful there. DH and I want to go there someday as well. I know there was plenty to do and a lovely beach to relax on as well. I can try to send you some pictures if you would like. 
  • Check out Secrets resorts. We went to a Secrets resort for our HM and loved it. Adults only, all-inclusive (with really great food), beautiful beach and pool.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I feel like there are a million places to start. TripAdvisor: type in Cancun or Riviera Maya or Playa del Carmen & chose one of the one of the top 10 that have great reviews. Ones that generally get great reviews include Secrets, Moon Palace, Hard Rock, Riu, Sandals. East coast has better beaches than west coast.

• jenna8984 said:
    I feel like there are a million places to start. TripAdvisor: type in Cancun or Riviera Maya or Playa del Carmen & chose one of the one of the top 10 that have great reviews. Ones that generally get great reviews include Secrets, Moon Palace, Hard Rock, Riu, Sandals. East coast has better beaches than west coast.
    Ditto the bolded.  I've been to the gulf side/Yucatan peninsula twice and Cabo once.  I won't go back to Cabo - not my scene and the beaches/water were really not that beautiful white sand and bright aqua water that I was used to seeing in Riviera Maya.  I also second Trip Advisor for recommendations, and their forums are super helpful when looking into a place you aren't familiar with.  Our last trip to that area was to Isla Mujeres, which is a small island off the coast of Cancun (very short ferry ride).  If you like things a little more relaxed and laid-back with a lot of local flavor, Isla is perfect.  We stayed in the Privilege Aluxes, which is one of (if not the only) AI resort on the island.  What we liked was that the island was safe enough to explore on our own, and we had some meals in restaurants in the town even though we had the AI package because the food is so good.  Not nearly as built-up and bustling as Cancun and PDC, so it's not for everyone, but maybe worth a look!  I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed at an all-inclusive resort just outside of Playa Del Carmen with my family back when I was a teen. Yes, there were children there, but it didn't cater to children. Many adult events going on all day/night around the resort and beach. Or you could ignore it all. 

Playa Del Carmen was also nice to visit and shop at. 
  • sleslislesli member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2015
    Thanks so much for the input everyone! Sounds like I'll stick to the East Coast and utilize Trip Advisor. I've heard great things about Isla Mujeres and am also looking into Tulum. I dream of beaches! 
    Savanna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards