Moms and Maids

Honorary Mother???

OK, so my mom passed 2 years ago which makes planning a wedding difficult for emotional reasons. I have already planned ways to incorporate her into my big day.
But I also wanted to recognize a woman who has been like a 2nd mom to me since I was 10, I am now 29.
Ive heard the term honorary mother thrown around but I don't want it to seem like I'm "replacing" my mom or being disrespectful. that's the LAST thing I want.
I was thinking of just getting a corsage for her on the day off.
thoughts?

Re: Honorary Mother???

• OK, so my mom passed 2 years ago which makes planning a wedding difficult for emotional reasons. I have already planned ways to incorporate her into my big day.
    But I also wanted to recognize a woman who has been like a 2nd mom to me since I was 10, I am now 29.
    Ive heard the term honorary mother thrown around but I don't want it to seem like I'm "replacing" my mom or being disrespectful. that's the LAST thing I want.
    I was thinking of just getting a corsage for her on the day off.
    thoughts?

Stuck in box

I agree with you.  It would be disrespectful to your mother's memory to call anyone else your "honorary mother."  I like the corsage idea.
  • Just get the corsage. "Honorary Mother" is just.....no.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Her other post explains the deleted user thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards