Wedding Invitations & Paper

STD Mistake

I ordered my STD's a few days ago, and according to Vistaprint, they're actually in transit to me now. However, I made a mistake and I need to gauge if this is actually a big deal, or if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I used the template that basically was:
Save the Date
My Name
&
His Name

Date
Venue Name
City, State

On the back is the wedding website info.

However, I stupidly did not even think about the fact that NOWHERE on them do they say "Formal invitation to follow" or anything like that. I'm thinking that most people already know that an StD is not the formal invitation and that it will come closer to the date. However, I'm going back and forth about re-ordering ones that actually say that the invitation will follow. We're on a tight budget, so re-ordering would be not be ideal, but I'll do it if needed. What are your thoughts?

Re: STD Mistake

• AisforA said:
    I ordered my STD's a few days ago, and according to Vistaprint, they're actually in transit to me now. However, I made a mistake and I need to gauge if this is actually a big deal, or if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Save the Date
    My Name
    &
    His Name

Date
    Venue Name
    City, State

However, I stupidly did not even think about the fact that NOWHERE on them do they say "Formal invitation to follow" or anything like that. I'm thinking that most people already know that an StD is not the formal invitation and that it will come closer to the date. However, I'm going back and forth about re-ordering ones that actually say that the invitation will follow. We're on a tight budget, so re-ordering would be not be ideal, but I'll do it if needed. What are your thoughts?

I think you're fine. I just now, after reading your post, realized that mine didn't say invitation to follow. I don't think it's a big deal at all.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • AisforA said:

Save the Date
    My Name
    &
    His Name

Date
    Venue Name
    City, State

I think you're fine. I only just noticed that (now old) STDs on my fridge say "formal invitation to follow," and those were weddings were over a year ago. So clearly I didn't care that they said that - I understood from looking at them what they were.
  • Not a big deal at all.

• AisforA said:

Save the Date
    My Name
    &
    His Name

Date
    Venue Name
    City, State

A non-issue.  Most people realize that save-the-dates are not "the" invitations, which will follow, so it's not necessary to say "Formal invitation to follow" on save-the-dates.  In fact, I've never seen that phrase on any save-the-dates I've seen-they all just had the names of the couple, the date, and the city and state.
  • Didn't do this either, and only now realising with this thread that it was even something I should have done. Oh well, at least it's not just me!

• You're fine. I was going to put that on my STDs and the guy who made them for us basically said that people know a formal invitation will follow and we should leave it off. 
  • Great! Thanks everyone! A friend of mine is getting married, and her say it, so I started worrying about it. Glad to hear it's not a big deal!
  • I agree that you're fine. Mine did say formal invitation to follow and I had a couple of people confused and had to explain what a Save the Date was b/c they called to RSVP. So if anyone is confused chances are they would have been confused regardless...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine don't say it either. I totally forgot about it. So far everyone has managed to understand, though. No worries. :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards