Wedding Woes

Thursday is in the hizzy.

One more day until the weekend.  My house is t-rashed and we're to have FIL and DH's uncle (who has never been to our current house) over for dinner Saturday night.  And our food supply is seriously depleted.  I'm not sure there's enough time or coffee to get it all done.  

On a sad note, one of the kiddo's classmates and one of the first kids he became friendly with after we moved, committed suicide Tuesday night.  He's pretty broken up about it.  A local church opened their doors to the kids last night so they could gather and have a memorial for the kid who passed away.   

I'm glad we have sun and warmer weather the next couple days.  I hope we can get outside and play. It will be good for all of us.  Being cooped up in the house this week has felt really heavy. 

Re: Thursday is in the hizzy.

• Oh, conn.  I'm so sorry for kiddo.  That's just awful.

Today is cleaning day.  Today is also the day I volunteer in DD1's class.  I haven't been in a few weeks due to testing and then me being sick.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.
  • On a sad note, one of the kiddo's classmates and one of the first kids he became friendly with after we moved, committed suicide Tuesday night.  He's pretty broken up about it.  A local church opened their doors to the kids last night so they could gather and have a memorial for the kid who passed away.  
    How awful, I'm so sorry.

The past few days have just been a bunch of whiny BS (mostly at work, but not entirely) and I am so ready for the weekend.
  • How terrible, I'm so sorry.

We are getting our taxes done tonight.  Hoping for a refund!

Looking forward to the weekend and watching the Nephew wrestle.  He won all three of his matches with pins last Saturday - yay!

We are having warmer temps (30s!) and sunshine.  Gotta love that in January.
  • Oh Mrs.conn that's awful. I'm so sorry it's such a tragedy. I hope kiddo works through it.

Costco today. I signed 6let up for something at school tomorrow only 50 kids get in and I don't know if he's one. If he is I have to take him and be there at 7:55. Ugh.
  • I hate to hear that. So sad. I will say that this year I have referred more kids to psychological hospitals for suicidal thoughts. I'm not sure why so many teens are so depressed.:(
  • Mrs.conn, that is horrible and so tragic. I am so sorry.

Today will certainly be a better day than all the other days this week. I found out late yesterday afternoon that I will be changing positions at work. They haven't made me an offer yet, but they are going to very soon. What a relief. My job has been so stressful to me lately, so I am welcoming this change with open arms.

Jackie went to the vet yesterday, and they ended up being able to see her and didn't keep her overnight (yay!). They aren't totally sure what's wrong with her, other than knowing that she definitely has an ear infection. They're thinking the swelling has to do with some type of trauma rather than cancer. She and our young dog play kinda rough sometimes, so I'm wondering if she hit her head playing. We are giving her pain meds, anti-inflammatory meds, and Benadryl for 10 days. If she isn't better by then, they will do X-rays.

• That's horrible mrsconn. 

My VPN router modem thingy for work isn't working so that means my phone and computer aren't connected, and therefore I cannot work. I spent a hour dealing with it yesterday and now I've got to talk to IT again to see what I need to do to fix it. So yeah, this sucks considering all I have that needs to get done. 
  • Mrs.Conn, so sorry to hear about kiddo's loss.  That's truly terrible.  I'm glad the community is responding positively.

• OMG, @PMeg819 ...I can totally relate on VPN issues.  They suck. 
  • I think I'm about to lose my cushy little job.  They just asked for a list of my activities then asked me to call someone to set up an interview for the executive assistant position.  Blergh, I liked this little job. 

I've been trying to call the person and the voicemail box isn't set up.  Who applies for jobs and either doesn't answer or have a voicemail?
  • @6fsn , so many people anymore.  I realize that everyone likes texting better, but I don't text clients, thank you.  Pick up your phone, set up your voicemail, whatever.

Oh and for those who do have voicemail?  FARKING LISTEN TO IT.  I LEFT A MESSAGE FOR A REASON.
  • They told me to move on to the next person.  Of course now I'm wondering if I should be asking if my job is safe, but I don't wanna.  I know they've just had a couple people leave so I'm hoping these are just replacements.
  • Oh @6fsn, I hope your suspicions aren't true. 
  • @mrs.conn23 - i'm so sorry about son's friend. that's a really tough thing for a young teen to deal with. 

@6fsn - hopefully your job is safe. it would be shitty of them to have you setting up interviews for your replacement. 

Having lunch with a colleague today and then meeting one of the business leaders that I work with (in person - he sits in MA). need to do professional/business level selfie, tonight, so hoping to get home when there's still good light. (i might try for outside, but i did get a studio light set yesterday, so i have a backup plan. have been looking at google images for ideas.)
  • *Barbie* said:

@6fsn - hopefully your job is safe. it would be shitty of them to have you setting up interviews for your replacement. 

This.

They've been treating you nicely so far.  I would hope they wouldn't do this to you.
  • They have been so decent which is why I'm only marginally concerned.  They just had an account rep leave.  They have a local admin type that is also a speech therapist in the schools.  She had a baby and has been out so I'm thinking this may be about her not coming back.  If it's me I can honestly say they just want someone local with more availability not that they were unhappy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards