Wedding Invitations & Paper

Pre-nups: yay or nay?

I was just thinking about this today for the first time. It just crossed my mind randomly (or not so randomly since I work as a legal assistant and read about other peoples' legal issues regularly, mostly real estate disputes and bankruptcy). I am not wealthy and neither is my FH. We don't have kids from previous marriages. We did just buy a house together. We do have joint accounts and we put all or most of our income into them. I see us growing old together and loving each other until we die. But of course, no one gets married thinking they'll divorce - at least I hope not! So, what is it with pre-nups? I feel like I've gotten the impression somehow that it's the responsible thing to do before you get married. I have questions though:

If neither one of us has an estate or a large income or large bank accounts, do we still do it? Or is it silly? Like literally would a lawyer laugh at us (in their head I hope at least)?

Have you gotten a prenup or are you going to? Why or why not? What stipulations and such are important to think about? 

Any other thoughts?

p.s. I have no idea which board to post this on so I put it in the one that has to do with paper.  :D
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre-nups: yay or nay?

• I would put this on Chit Chat.  

Unfortunately unable to move threads at this time.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited January 2016
    Should I delete it and c/p it into chit-chat?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • you can't deleted it, but I would copy and paste it to CC with an XP in the title so people know it's a cross post.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards