Wedding Party

Re: ,

• So here's what I don't get. It was deleted. For whatever reason, whatever it said, it's gone. Not really sure why that ever elicited a response , but here we are. 

I feel sorry for the broad that has to make an issue of a non-existent forum post. I get that you have your followers here - congrats, they all seem to be a flock of personality-free nerds, but that is generally the type that struggles for the acceptance of an internet stranger - and so with this, I will bid you adieu. 

kisses! 
    For a while there I was thinking that the post with the woe is me my parents buy themselves stuff and don't pay for my wedding, I shall start a gofundme page was the worst thing on here. Thanks for proving me wrong!
  • So here's what I don't get. It was deleted. For whatever reason, whatever it said, it's gone. Not really sure why that ever elicited a response , but here we are. 

I feel sorry for the broad that has to make an issue of a non-existent forum post. I get that you have your followers here - congrats, they all seem to be a flock of personality-free nerds, but that is generally the type that struggles for the acceptance of an internet stranger - and so with this, I will bid you adieu. 

kisses! 
    Because this is the personality I aspire to.
  • You aspire to not having a personality? 
    Oh good grief. Don't be a troll. That's not what @flantastic meant and you know it. Grow up. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    How old are you?  I suspect you are about nine years old.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2016
    I only came for the drama and am bitterly disappointed now lol
  • I'm new here but from what I can gather... if there doesn't appear to be any drama, don't worry! Somebody is going to make some up. 
  • I'm new here but from what I can gather... if there doesn't appear to be any drama, don't worry! Somebody is going to make some up. 
    Nope no drama here, just a Knottie#s trying to insinuate some.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but this entire thread was on fire because someone posted something and deleted it, and tried to defend herself from posters who admittedly had no idea what was originally said. 

That sounds a little silly to me. 
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but this entire thread was on fire because someone posted something and deleted it, and tried to defend herself from posters who admittedly had no idea what was originally said. 

That sounds a little silly to me. 
    You are wrong.

One poster did have an idea what was originally said. When she deleted her post (which is kind of cowardly - if you're going to post something in a forum, stand by what you wrote or admit you're wrong, don't just try to pretend it never happened), that poster decided to summarize for everyone what she had read. The OP then called her pathetic and was passive-aggressive to everyone else. That's not self-defense, that's just being obnoxious.

That is why the thread is "on fire," although considering people are mostly rolling their eyes at the OP and it's only two pages over more than a week, I'm not sure that's a good characterization.
  • I see this post is being sunk. Makes sense, I suppose.
  • edited February 2016
    Ok -  thanks for setting me straight ! But why is it that serious? Why did anyone care that it was deleted? Why when OP left a message that she was not going to return did anyone bother responding? 

I'm just trying to get the lay of the land around here, thanks for showing the way. 
  • Oh also - what does "sunk" mean, re: posting? it shows up for me as being pretty top of this board so I am confused. 

• Ok -  thanks for setting me straight ! But why is it that serious? Why did anyone care that it was deleted? Why when OP left a message that she was not going to return did anyone bother responding? 

I'm just trying to get the lay of the land around here, thanks for showing the way. 
    For me one of the reasons that drove me to post was because she insulted @glasgowtolondon.  You get to know the other posters and I didn't like her insinuation that someone who is active here and has provided great advice was lying.  I was also trying to let her know what happens when you DD (dirty delete) as it does typically draw more attention to your post.

Oh and she kept returning despite her threats not to.  You can't complain that people are mean while provoking them.
  • Ok -  thanks for setting me straight ! But why is it that serious? Why did anyone care that it was deleted? Why when OP left a message that she was not going to return did anyone bother responding? 

For me one of the reasons that drove me to post was because she insulted @glasgowtolondon.  You get to know the other posters and I didn't like her insinuation that someone who is active here and has provided great advice was lying.  I was also trying to let her know what happens when you DD (dirty delete) as it does typically draw more attention to your post.

Oh and she kept returning despite her threats not to.  You can't complain that people are mean while provoking them.
    Yeah, if I wanted some bridesmaid drama I definitely wouldn't have to make it up on TK. There's always another bridesmaid related shitstorm coming down the hill on here. OP was just another one in a long line. 

• Hm. I only saw that she said she wasn't going to return and didn't see anything other than that from her. thanks for the answer though!  What a turkey! 
  • edited February 2016
    eek! double post. haha. 

Deleting your post is seen as very rude here.  Even if you don't like the answers you receive, or if you change your mind, you leave the post up for people who might be lurking with the same question.  Most of the time, people who DD are posters who get butt hurt because we tell them to let an issue go, or treat their family/friends better.  

• Oh also - what does "sunk" mean, re: posting? it shows up for me as being pretty top of this board so I am confused. 

It's a mod thing, which they do when they want a thread to go away. When I post this, the thread will not get bumped to the very top of the board anymore. If the board were more active it would be more obvious more quickly.
  • edited February 2016
    Well @AddieCake, to be fair anyone under the age of thirty uses "lolspeak" to some extent. Imo it comes across overly judgey (and kind of matronly) to really get bent out of shape over that. 
  • Well @AddieCake, to be fair anyone under the age of thirty uses "lolspeak" to some extent. Imo it comes across overly judgey (and kind of matronly) to really get bent out of shape over that. 
    Yeah, no. The people I know in their 20s don't use "lolspeak" in casual text conversations. That's not how adults communicate. Maybe middle-schoolers. 
  • edited February 2016
    Eh. It's more of a hipster thing I guess. Hipsters are the "cool kids"  if you weren't up to speed on the lingo - who use lolspeak ironically. 

Hope that helps, @climbingwife :) 
  • Usually a DD uses a period, so at least the comma is original. Yay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards