Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids gifts

Re: Bridesmaids gifts

• Hello!

I have been so lucky to have amazing bridesmaids, well actually a matron of honor, maid of honor and two bridesmaids! I'm starting to think about gifts, I have 5 months till. What do y'all think about having identical gifts? Like all getting an adorable bracelet, or should it be individualized for each girls personality? I read earlier the gifts should be from 75-150 each, I was originally thinking about 30-50 each but they have all been amazing, was I being cheap before? I know they've all spent money to be in the wedding like on dresses and the bachelorette party and I'd hate for them to think I don't appreciate all their effort! 

Thanks !
    I would treat this gift like you would any other, spend what you can afford and shop for them like you would for Christmas or their birthday.  If you buy them something, like jewelry, that you expect them to wear in the wedding, it's no longer a gift.  I think identical or like objects are okay if they all like them.  For example, my BM and I are all Alex and Ani fans so that would be a nice gift.  But some wear gold and other silver so they would be like gifts but not identical.

Also, may I say how nice it is to read an "I love my BM" post!
  • Thank you so much for your advice! I hadn't thought of the whole if they're expected to wear it on the day it's not a gift, but that rings true. They're all unique so I think I'll begin to shop more individually! 
  • Buy individual gifts, and shop like it you would if it was their birthday. 
  • I agree, shop like you would for their birthday/Christmas/whenever you give them gifts, in whatever price range you can afford. A thoughtful, meaningful gift is more important than how much money you spend. 
  • There is no set amount to spend, although I would spend similar amounts for each person. My H got each of his guy's a $200 bottle of alcohol whereas I spent $20-30 on mine getting things that reminded me of how I know them (college). One of the GMs was at our house last weekend and said he still hasn't opened his since he figures it should be used for a nice occasion so I have a feeling that $200 bottle is going to continue collecting dust for quite some time
  • I agree, shop like you would for their birthday/Christmas/whenever you give them gifts, in whatever price range you can afford. A thoughtful, meaningful gift is more important than how much money you spend. 
    It doesn't matter how much you spend, especially if it's a gift that has been well thought-out as a gift to the specific individual.  Get the bookworm a beautiful hardcover of her favorite classic book and a fluffy throw blanket.  Get the the wine-lover a bottle of her favorite Red and a set of Hello Kitty wine charms.  Get the yogi a yoga mat carrier and a giftcard to her favorite smoothie bar.  Get the fashionista a scarf, earrings, and a cute bracelet.  Don't get them matching gifts unless they're the same person with the same personality and the same likes and dislikes.
  • Hello!

I have been so lucky to have amazing bridesmaids, well actually a matron of honor, maid of honor and two bridesmaids! I'm starting to think about gifts, I have 5 months till. What do y'all think about having identical gifts? Like all getting an adorable bracelet, or should it be individualized for each girls personality? I read earlier the gifts should be from 75-150 each, I was originally thinking about 30-50 each but they have all been amazing, was I being cheap before? I know they've all spent money to be in the wedding like on dresses and the bachelorette party and I'd hate for them to think I don't appreciate all their effort! 

Thanks !
    I would customize the gifts and tailor each one to your bridesmaids' respective personalities, likes, and interests.  That way your gifts have a better chance of being liked and appreciated by their recipients, and they give off more of a "I'm thinking of you" message than identical gifts, which give off more of a "I"m thinking of me" message.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards