Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photo Booths. Lets hear it!

My fiancé and I finally agreed to have a photo booth at our wedding this April. I have wanted one since the planning began so it only took a little over a year to convince him. What was your experience with photo booths? At your wedding or someone elses? I have personally never used one at a wedding but really looking forward to seeing the pics of everyone after.

Re: Photo Booths. Lets hear it!

• We added one about two weeks before our wedding and we are so glad we did! We got the big package that came with an attendant for the night, social media/text sharing, and as many prints as guests wanted. They also included a book for us so everyone put their photos in the book and wrote notes for us. It was 100% worth it, we love the book and almost all of our guests used it, most more than once! It was one of the things our guests raved about, they really enjoyed using it and were excited that they got a text of the photos as soon as they took them.

My advice is to make sure you put it in a high traffic area that makes it easy for everyone to use. We were initially told it was going to be in a different room but we pushed for them to make it work in the reception area and it got a lot of traffic there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for the advice. We have a 2 story barn for our reception and everything (cocktail hour, dancing, and dinner) are all upstairs on the main floor. I was thinking of putting the photo booth downstairs but it makes more sense to have it in a high traffic area. I just don't know how to fit it up there with everything else.
  • Count me in the 'love it' category for a photobooth. I don't care if its DIY or professional, I'll use the ish out of a photobooth any time its on offer!

I'm currently waiting to see how our budget works out (eg have I completely blown it  :s) to see if we can have one, since its definitely a 'nice to have' rather than necessity. The way my venue is set out I may have to go DIY, because as @lovemesomemonster says, you want it in a high traffic area. If I get a professional booth chances are it would have to be downstairs due to space and logistics, and I don't want to risk people either not realising (money down the drain), or spending all their time downstairs and not on the dancefloor. 

• Thank you for the advice. We have a 2 story barn for our reception and everything (cocktail hour, dancing, and dinner) are all upstairs on the main floor. I was thinking of putting the photo booth downstairs but it makes more sense to have it in a high traffic area. I just don't know how to fit it up there with everything else.

Is the venue helping you with the set up of the room? I had no idea how they were going to do it either but the day before I walked around with someone from the venue and just said that I didn't care how they made it happen but to fit that photo booth in the same room as the reception. They figured it out and it was perfect!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do have a walk through at my reception site with the coordinator for the site. So maybe I can just mention everything I want upstairs and see how they would organize it.
  • Also count me in for loving the photobooth at my wedding. We have pictures of H's 90 year old aunt from there, some of my favorite pictures of my family came from there, and pictures of people that our photographer didn't capture. We also got a great picture of H and I alone, probably for the only time that entire day. I loved it. 

I also recommend high traffic areas and you can have the DJ announce it. We also had unlimited prints, a scrapbook (which was our only guest book), and the digital copies. 
  • I've had two experiences with photo booths - one at a well-hosted wedding and one at a wedding where the B&G clearly should have spent the $$$ they put towards a photo booth on other things.

Wedding #1  - tons of food, great DJ, guests comfort/enjoyment was prioritized, etc. Photo booth was a fun extra. 

Wedding #2 - 1.5 hour long "cocktail hour" (because they had to take photos with their pricey photographer and film staged shots with their 4 person Hollywood-caliber film crew) that basically just had chips and salsa that ran out within the first 45 minutes.  Dinner buffet was very minimal, and things were tiered - champagne was provided, but only for the head table. When we entered the reception room and I saw a photo booth, I majorly side-eyed it. B&G definitely prioritized the wrong things. 

So moral of the story is a photo booth is a great fun extra, as long as you have the basics of good hosting first... plenty of food/refreshments, a chair for every butt, etc. 
    --

• Also count me in for loving the photobooth at my wedding. We have pictures of H's 90 year old aunt from there, some of my favorite pictures of my family came from there, and pictures of people that our photographer didn't capture. We also got a great picture of H and I alone, probably for the only time that entire day. I loved it. 

I also recommend high traffic areas and you can have the DJ announce it. We also had unlimited prints, a scrapbook (which was our only guest book), and the digital copies. 

Yes, digital copies are a must! They are such great memories and you can use them other places. I printed out a bunch of wedding mad libs for guests to fill out at their table if they wanted and we got a lot of fun ones back. I was able to scan them and put them in a custom photo book with the digital copies of the photos from the booth of the people that filled them out. My MIL also wants more copies and this way I'm able to send them to her instead of just having the one copy for me and one for the guest to take.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes I'm really excited with our photo booth! Our guests will get the double print out like a regular photo booth. They can also record us messages. At the end of the night, we get a flash drive with all photos and videos on it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards