Budget Weddings Forum

Welcome to the new Budget board!

wandajune6wandajune6 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited November 2014 in Budget Weddings Forum
We are very excited that we have separated the Budget & DIY board into separate boards. This is in recognition of the fact that they are far from mutually exclusive. I will be moderating this board going forward. Please tag or PM me with any questions or comments.

I look forward to seeing all of the posts about weddings on a budget!

ETA:

Please remember that this is an international board. For this reason, all location-specific conversations should be kept to your local boards. If you're looking for a location, vendor, etc., local boards are the place for you. These posts will be moved accordingly.

In addition, the Budget board is not intended for sales. Any sales posts will be moved to the Wedding Classifieds page. As with other boards, vendor posts will be removed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Welcome to the new Budget board!

• I agree this separation made sense.  Even a "luxury" wedding can have several DIY features.  The two never belonged together.  Often, DIY can end up costing MORE than a readily prepared item. 
  • Hello! As of now planning a wedding for next year ...in Connecticut (expensive). decoration for the venue and church is going to about $5,160.00 ...haven't talked to anybody so i have no idea if this is much or reasonable. She is very flexible price and she is awessoome
  • My Husband and I just got married at Battery Gardens Last Sunday October 19th and besides it being beautiful and everyone raving about how amazing the food is....it could not have gone smoother and without one mistake thanks to one coordinator MICHELE CAVALLERO. 

Listen, I was an event coordinator at a luxury boutique hotel in Soho so i know first hand how annoying clients can get, including myself. but this beautiful, sweet, professional gem of a woman took care of us for about a year with all the planning as if this were her own wedding. Never skipping a beat, always thinking ahead, coordinating everything the day of, always with a smile in her voice, changing menus left and right like we were the only clients in the world. 

We had food GALORE!! and a premium open bar for cheap! Im talking from baby lamb chops to fresh pappardelle with mushrooms and truffle to sliders and salmon and salads and desserts and wine and spirits (top shelf)...it was like we were in heaven!

IF YOU WANT THE WEDDING OF YOUR DREAMS FOR THE BEST PRICE ( Literally it was a steal...i don't no how they offer it for that cheap) AND THE MOST AMAZING TEAM IN NYC....CALL OR EMAIL BATTERY GARDENS AND ASK FOR MICHELE CAVALLERO!

-David and Robert
    wedding date 10/19/2014
  • Hi Everyone,

I am getting married in June of 2016 in Chicago. I was wondering with being on a tight budget I'm willing to pay 3,500 for the reception and ceremony location. Which day is the better day to get married Friday thru Sunday? Everything costs so much, especially for food! Any suggestions...Thanks so much I really appreciate it!

• @leketahobbs‌ - this is an international board. For more local info, I'd recommend looking at the Chicago board. You can also PM for an idea!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you can find a place that does not have a vendor list, you can make your own food a few days before and just hire someone to serve it... Just an idea...
  • I'm happy to see a budget board! I just got engage and am shocked by how much the venues I like cost...we live in NJ and plan to do it in PA where his family is and my budget of $15,000 is starting to look really small! At this point I don't even know where I should start...what are the biggest ways you've found to cut costs while still having a nice wedding
  • wow, good news. Thanks.
    ?????
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • hi everyone! new to the boards, i've been pretty sticker shocked too, especially since we're keeping the wedding small to avoid high costs. thank god we finally found a nice venue in our price range. we thought we could do a 60-75 person diy wedding with decent food for 5000. we're already at about 7 thousand:( our wallets are bleeding!!!! :s we had no idea how unrealistic our cost expectations were..lol..looking forward to tips. montreal is so freaking expensive for weddings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards