Attire & Accessories Forum

Conversion Wrap Bridesmaid Dresses

Does anyone have any recommendations of quality shops on Etsy that sell the conversion wrap bridesmaid dresses? I would like my bridesmaids to have the comfort of wearing a dress that best fits their body shapes and styles and I feel this is an easy and cute option.

Re: Conversion Wrap Bridesmaid Dresses

• Two Birds makes a popular one. My advice is to avoid them though. They rarely look good on anyone without a perfect body since the material is so thin and shows every bump and imperfection.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Two Birds makes a popular one. My advice is to avoid them though. They rarely look good on anyone without a perfect body since the material is so thin and shows every bump and imperfection.

I have heard nothing but bad about them.

I would ask each of your BMs privately for a budget and then go to a store like David's Bridal.  From there you can choose a color/color family, and let the BMs pick whichever style they want to wear.  Its super easy for everyone to get a decent quality dress that they feel comfortable in.

• edited February 2016
    I have owned several dresses in this style. Note that I use the past tense. I don't think I ever wore any of them more than once each before realizing the darn things wouldn't stay put where I tied them or just wouldn't do what I wanted them to... and forget being able to wear a bra so unless your cup size is 'mosquito bite' your boobs will be totally unsupported.

ETA: I get how they look like such a neat idea, but they suffer from poor execution. Please, for the sake of your bridesmaids, pick something else, or as suggested by PPs, a color scheme.
  • It's nice of you to be considerate of your bridesmaids but I think you would serve that purpose better doing what Cowgirl said. David's is great for bridesmaids dresses because you can find a lot of coordinating dresses. You can specify color, fabric, and length and still leave your BMs with plenty of options that will coordinate nicely. They can even shop separately and you won't have to worry about it.
  • My best friend wanted to use those for her wedding. I didn't want to say anything to her but I was not thrilled because almost every style you have to wear sans bra... and I am not one who can go bra-less!  Luckily she went with giving us a color palatte and letting us choose our dresses which was MUCH more flattering and easy!  Maybe see what your girls really think about them.  I was really stressing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards