Wedding Woes

IT IS FRIDAY! (yes I am yelling)

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2016 in Wedding Woes
https3media247sportscomUploadsAssets318805805318gif

What's going on this weekend?

We have the usual, plus that hike I think I mentioned yesterday.  Plus I am behind on laundry, so I'll be working on that.  Plus the playroom needs some love--or at least someone to pick up the sequins and beads DS got his hands on and promptly scattered all over the floor.  That'll teach me to leave for 45 seconds to pee.  ;)

My boss is unexpectedly out of the office.  (He says it's a college visit with his daughter, but he didn't email us about it until last night, which is weird.  Don't know, don't care!)  I mean, it's not like I can set up a tequila bar in my office or anything, but it gives Friday that little something extra, y'know?

Happy Friday!

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564xe70f0ee70f0edbb23b9664ecfcaca92069f1a4jpg
httpwwwimgioncomimages02Its-friday-screaming-catjpg

Re: IT IS FRIDAY! (yes I am yelling)

• YES.  This week has been rough.

I had a whole night of uninterrupted sleep and it's already 48* outside.  Things are looking good so far.

Tomorrow morning we have DD1's last basketball game.  It's also supposed to be 60 glorious degrees, so I'm hoping it's not too wet and muddy to be outside for at least a little while.

We have no other plans, which is nice.
  • This has been a long week!!  

Tonight and tomorrow won't be too relaxing though because I need to get grocery shopping done and we have FIL's bday party tomorrow.  We're just hanging out at his house, I guess.  I think we're going to stay the night there.  BIL, SIL, and new nephew will be in town.  I cannot wait for some baby snuggles, but I'm going to have to share since there's a bunch of family coming in who haven't met him yet.  

I told DH that I want to get as much done as possible tonight and tomorrow since we're going to be busy anyway and then we can just do nothing when we get home Sunday. 
  • Someone that was a mentor to me died last night.  He was burned by condensate last week and put into a medically induced coma.  He never came out.

This weekend I have a conference Saturday.  If DH doesn't do the zoo then I think we'll go Sunday.
  • 6fsn said:
    Someone that was a mentor to me died last night.  He was burned by condensate last week and put into a medically induced coma.  He never came out.
    I am so sorry, 6.
  • I'm sorry, 6.  
  • Hugs to you @6fsn. That is horrible.

I slept like a real person last night. It's amazing how much better you feel when you sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time.

Tonight, DH and I are going on a date. We haven't been on one since probably late September or early November. I am so excited. Nothing fancy, just going out to dinner and then going to a movie.

He also took off work tomorrow so we can spend time together. He works weekends at his job, so we never get a full day to do whatever (hike, clean, shop, take the dogs for a long walk, etc). That's another exciting thing. I'll probably even get up and make breakfast. Who knows.

• I was mistaken, he passed Monday.  He was so incredibly kind hearted.  I can't imagine the pain. 
  • Oh no, 6fsn, that's terrible. I'm sorry.

I'm SO looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow is our annual train pub crawl and it's one of my favorite days of the year. Sunday I will probably feel like death but I'm going to try to pack some shit. Me lying on the couch moaning and trying to get H to pack will be much more likely.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    I'm so sorry, @6fsn

Not much going on this weekend. I'm getting drinks and wings with a couple of my girlfriends tonight. It'll be an interesting evening - one of them told us a month ago that her and her H were on the verge of divorce but not a peep since that time. I'm hoping things have improved but I have my doubts.

The rest of the weekend will be devoted to projects around the house and relaxation in between. I really want to get the ceiling in the kitchen painted and clean out our second bedroom, maybe get it primed to paint as well. We shall see.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, @6fsn.
  • I've been laid out flat most of the week (Sinus infection - which normally doesn't get me, but I got dizziness and huge lymph nodes to go along)...  SO, I have a ton of cleaning to get caught up on and this AM is when I can finally start the antibiotics (yes, I'm still dizzy)..

This weekend there's a TON going on up here plus I'm refereeing - which should be entertaining with the dizziness LOL

• I'm sorry for your loss, @6fsn.  

Tonight I'm going to a house concert with one of my favorite local artists.  I'm super excited about it.  Then, I'm snuggling down with food and drink and binge watching Netflix and movies.  This has been a hella long week and I need to turn off for a full day.  

Sunday, I've got a shit ton of paperwork to take care of.
  • I'm so sorry @6fsn, that's horrible. 

I am in day 5 of intensive training.its supposed to be my day off, but should be a solid 9 hours. Weekend will be lazy, we just got back from vacation, and  DK is,leaving for a business trip on Sunday.

• So sorry for your loss @6fsn .  

My birthday is tomorrow but I'm not sure what we are doing.  Sunday, we are getting together with my family and some of the inlaws for a birthday lunch.  I'm fighting a cold so I don't have much energy but want to do something to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

@VarunaTT, if I remember correctly, your bday is close to mine.  What are your plans?
  • My birthday is the 26th.  One of my BFFs is on the 22nd.  The running joke is that BFF is my Mini-Me (since I'm older).  Both queer ENFJ femmes, though she is still miffed that she is Slytherin and I am Ravenclaw.  :D  

We are having a combined birthday party and my housewarming party in my downtown loft.  At this point, the party list contains over 100 invites, with 33 confirmed.  Knowing how some of our friends are, we're expecting about 60ish people.  I'm not totally sure my apartment can contain all of that, but HEY, I live downtown and like 12 steps from a great bar, so we can move other there if necessary.

I am turning 39.  And I'm quickly coming to understand what my mother and other women have always meant by the "Fuck It Forties".  
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    Also, I shot myself in the foot.  DH and I have been texting about possible hiking destinations, and I thought about possibly Crowders Mountain, and thought "Is that crazy?"  So I texted him "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy:" and proposed Crowders Mountain.

Now, of course, I can't get "Call Me, Maybe" out of my head.  My only hope is that I took him down with me.  Misery loves company, yo.

I have to find my mom's old FB post railing against Call Me, Maybe.  It was a classic.

ETF link wonkiness
  • 6, I'm sorry to hear about his passing.

I have a hair appointment tonight and meeting friends for dinner tomorrow. Sunday, I just want to go to church and nap all day.

• @6fsn I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Mentors have such a huge role in lives (at least mine do) I know I'd be devastated. 

H and I have no real plans. He has a test Monday and I'm trying not to be grouchy about how much work he's doing. He decided took back to school (he already has a PhD but is switching fields), which will be great for us in the long run, but I really thought once we graduated and started working we'd be done with the crazy hard school schedules. Not so much. And he's training for a fight (MMA) so between extra school and training we never see each other. Add to that my knee surgery recovery is not going well so I'm in a rut. 

He he did say if he finished studying early we can finally see Deadpool!
  • Sorry for your loss @6fsn.

Driving to CHS tonight. Hoping I can convince FH to get hot wings before we go.
    Painting with FSIL tomorrow. FH is in charge of dinner.
    Sunday, probably finish up painting but no definite plans.
    Monday I have a Drs. appointment but then I have a massage and a facial (thanks groupon!)
  • Very sorry @6fsn ! I hope you are doing okay. :(

I've had a sinus infection all week, and it is finally gone. Which means I have a ton of housework to do, that I will probably not start until tomorrow.
    Other than that, I'm meeting up with the photog to hammer some details, and probably taking FMIL to lunch. Nice, quiet weekend.

Might go see Deadpool again, too.

• MNNEBride said:
    So sorry for your loss @6fsn .  

My birthday is tomorrow but I'm not sure what we are doing.  Sunday, we are getting together with my family and some of the inlaws for a birthday lunch.  I'm fighting a cold so I don't have much energy but want to do something to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

@VarunaTT, if I remember correctly, your bday is close to mine.  What are your plans?
    Happy Birthday! Also, to the bolded, my grandmother just celebrated her 95th. Anyone who came into her suite to wish her a happy birthday she would correct, pointing out that it was not her birthday, but rather the 56th anniversary of her 39th birthday.
  • I will say my day got infinitely better when I came home and the puppy was just super excited to see me and he hadn't chewed on anything in the house. Happy Friday!
  • I'm having such a shitty friday so far. My car got towed this morning (yay me!) and when I found out it got towed I was trying to leave to go to work. Sooo guess who had to find a ride to work! and once im off work I have to go deal with that situation. Hopefully after that and $200 something dollars later I can enjoy my friday and weekend but will see since i just got set back financially. On a positive note FI's bday is next week so im looking forward to celebrating that with him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards