Attire & Accessories Forum

how should sister in law dress?

My fiance wants his older sister to have a part in the wedding but not as a bridesmaid (i already asked him). His idea is since he walked her down the aisle he wants her to walk him down the aisle. My question is what color dress should she wear? He thinks she should wear the same color as the bridal party, deep purple. I thinking  she should not match but wear a color that compliments  the bridal party like the mothers. And what should the fathers wear?

Re: how should sister in law dress?

• Why can't FSIL, mothers and fathers wear what they want? If they want to wear complimentary colours to the wp thats their choice. You don't get to dictate what adults wear if they arent in the wp (and my personal view is that you shouldn't even then). 

• She should get to pick out whatever color/dress she wants. She's not part of the bridal party, and no one should be telling her what to wear. She doesn't need to match anyone. 

Fathers - IMO they should also be allowed to wear whatever they want, assuming they'll be matching in formality with the event. But honestly, even then I feel like they should just wear what makes them happy. 
  • She can wear whatever she wants, there is no coordinating needed from SIL, mothers/fathers or anyone else.
  • I should have mentioned that the only reason why we are discussing what she should wear is because when my fiance walked his sister down the aisle he wore the same outfit as the groomsman.
  • nyrose89 said:
    I should have mentioned that the only reason why we are discussing what she should wear is because when my fiance walked his sister down the aisle he wore the same outfit as the groomsman.
    Just because his sister did something wrong by dictating his attire (when he wasn't in the WP) doesn't mean you guys should do the same!  

Tell her she can wear whatever she wants. If she asks what your wedding colors are, you can tell her, but be sure to tell her she's not required to coordinate with your wedding colors. Let her be comfortable & happy! Same thing with parents & anyone else not in the WP. 
    --

• Unless she is in the wedding party as a bridesmaid or groomsmaid, she should wear whatever she wants.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards