Wedding Woes
Options

anyone else with an undocumented immigrant fiancee?

Gwendolyn1986Gwendolyn1986 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited February 2016 in Wedding Woes
was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation. I am a US citizen, born and raised, and my fiancee was born in Mexico and was brought over illegally when he was 5. Even once we are married, he is not eligible for a green card until we jump through a number of legal hoops, pay a lawyer a lot of money, and even then there is a decent chance the application will be denied and he will remain undocumented until the laws change. I was wondering if any other brides or brides to be are going through the process, if they had any advice and if they were successful in applying for a green card? 

EDIT: I already have a lawyer, just curious to see what other peoples experiences are with immigration and the whole process

Re: anyone else with an undocumented immigrant fiancee?

• Options
    One of our BM's who married here but was a Brit before getting married - it took her 15 years to maneuver through the process...  All I've got is Good luck maneuvering through the process!!!
  • Options
    was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation. I am a US citizen, born and raised, and my fiancee was born in Mexico and was brought over illegally when he was 5. Even once we are married, he is not eligible for a green card until we jump through a number of legal hoops, pay a lawyer a lot of money, and even then there is a decent chance the application will be denied and he will remain undocumented until the laws change. I was wondering if any other brides or brides to be are going through the process, if they had any advice and if they were successful in applying for a green card? 

EDIT: I already have a lawyer, just curious to see what other peoples experiences are with immigration and the whole process
    Better keep him away from President Trump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards