Honeymoon Discussions

Costa Rica Honeymoon

My brother and his fiancee are getting married in Costa Rica so we're thinking of just making that our honeymoon as well. They are getting married in the Playa Flamingo region. I'm looking for recommendations of places to stay in that area as well as things to do. We are also open to staying in another region but weren't sure how easy it is to get from one region to another. If anyone has any suggestions or information I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Costa Rica Honeymoon

• My best recommendation is to not settle in one spot! Costa Rica is so diverse, with many different environments. Driving around is not too bad if you're willing to deal with bumpy roads (sometimes more than bumpy). Rent a good car, buy a map, and it really isn't too difficult to find your way around. Plus, everyone there is so friendly, so it's not too difficult to ask for help.

I suggest traveling inland and trying to see a volcano, like Arenal. Or you could travel southeast and visit the Monteverde cloud forest.

What time of year is the wedding? The rain gets pretty intense in the late spring and summer, even though that's when everything is the most beautiful!

• We will be going in November
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards