Wedding Woes

Show recommendations

I watched "Cooked" and "Love" on Netflix and enjoyed them both.  

Love is a comedy series by Judd Apatow and Paul Rust (who's also one of the leads).  It's cute and quirky...and more of a 'dramadey' than sitcom.  It doesn't have any huge "LOL" moments, but it's a nice story. 

Cooked is a docuseries about how and why we cook foods the way we do.  It dives into history and science behind food preparation.  I learned a lot from watching it. 

I've been watching "Happy Endings" on Hulu.  I never really caught it when it was on TV.  I think it's hilarious.  It definitely has a Friends-type vibe to it, but the characters are so hysterically wacky and do not take themselves seriously at all. 

Re: Show recommendations

• Ooo, I'll have to try that Cooked show.  I actually wrote a paper in college about how cooking might've influenced the evolution of humans, particularly our brains.  It was fascinating:)

I've been really liking Madam Secretary.  I didn't watch the West Wing, but DH says they're similar.  

We also just watched the first new X-files last night, and it feels pretty true to the original, so we're happy about that.
  • I half-watch Madam Secretary (while I'm waiting for The Good Wife).  I know what's going on and most of the characters, but 8p-9p is the final weekend push for us, so we're getting kids in bed and prepping to get back to the work week.  I like Tea Leoni, Bebe Neuwirth, Tim Daly. 
  • I'll have to add the Cooked show, that sounds right up my alley.

I was about to dump Lucifer, but last week's episode was interesting enough to catch me back up.  We'll see.
  • @mrs.conn23 I love Happy Endings. I watched most of it when it was on TV and am now going back through it on Hulu. I wish it had lasted more than 3 seasons but I get why it didn't. I still need to check out Love - that will be my weekend binge.

For recommendations - H just powered through Mr. Robot and is now working on Hannibal. He loved Mr. Robot and is liking Hannibal so far. I haven't found anything lately that I have wanted to get into, aside from Love.
  • I've been watching Second Chance on FOX. I think I like it, but the jury is still out. It keeps me interested, but I'm curious to see how far it can actually go after this season.

• I was also going to recommend Madam Secretary, I love it. 

I also LOVED marvels Jessica Jones on Netflix. 
  • I half-watch Madam Secretary (while I'm waiting for The Good Wife).  I know what's going on and most of the characters, but 8p-9p is the final weekend push for us, so we're getting kids in bed and prepping to get back to the work week.  I like Tea Leoni, Bebe Neuwirth, Tim Daly. 
    I just finished the first season on Netflix and watched the first episode of season 2.  We watch all our tv online, as we don't have a real one.  
  • I like Black List,Code Black, The Americans, and I started watching Outsiders.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards