Wedding Woes

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2016 in Wedding Woes
DH insisted we get a security system or a dog.  I've resisted both until now.  We ordered a security system since a dog was.not.happening. We received it yesterday (SimpliSafe, you set it up yourself and monitoring is really inexpensive) and DH spent all night long setting it up.  He kind of explained it to me, but shit wasn't working right and so I didn't really get the full rundown.  I do know that he drove me crazy pretty much all night.  And I went to leave this morning and set the damn thing off (it has an alarm that will make your ears bleed).  I feel like this is some sort of spousal 'entrapment'...DH is trying to get me to smother him in his sleep.  I will resist.  (But the damn thing is turned off right now because I don't want to worry that opening a door will set it off.  Also, IDK how DH thinks it's going to be on 'all the time' when we're home. We have kids and they go in and out doors constantly, especially when it's nice.  So yeah...)

Oh and it snowed, but not as much as anyone predicted.  I guess the kiddo's school was all, "We'll probably be closed tomorrow!!!ONE!!!"  School started on time.  Ha, ha...sorry grumpy teenager. 

Re: Thursday

• we have a snow day.
    But it's also a sick day, because buffy is *really* unable to be more than 10' from a bathroom.

And my patience is thin since I was up with her all night. 
    I'm in worried grouchy.

EAT SOME DAMN FOOD AND DRINK SOMETHING.
    She hasn't eaten since lunch yesterday, and 'eat and drink food' is normally a battle, so this is getting rediculous.

• Snow here this morning too. It was actually a pretty surprise as the sun came up to see it. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night working on a paper (it really wasn't that bad, but I got a nasty case of writers' block around 8pm and didn't get back into my groove until around 1am, ugh). Lots of caffeine today. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happy Thursday.

I'm taking a break from my cleaning to eat and watch shows.

I'm kind of dragging.  Sleep has not been great this week with DD1 having a cold and stupid cough.  I've had to get up every night to give her more medicine.  Thankfully it hasn't seemed to bother her or slow her down.  Hopefully she can shake the cough and get a full night's sleep.

I'm going to start a little project today (diy kitchen soap holder/stand) and hopefully another tomorrow (curtain for kitchen door) if I can find the fabric I want.
  • We had the most insanely high winds yesterday afternoon/evening.  The playhouse blew over.  Branches were down in the backyard.  (Not huge ones, luckily.)  Traffic lights were out on the way home.  Fortunately, things seem to have settled down.
  • DH's phone was playing music at 4:40.  He was in the shower so I tried to turn it off.  As soon as I was about to fall asleep it started playing again.  He wore his stupid fitbit thingy in the shower and it was making the phone go off somehow.

We got snow on the ground, but there is none on the roads.  Apparently one of the districts is releasing an hour early.  I hope that doesn't happen here! 

I've been exercising because I gained back 7 pounds.  I'm down 3, but I never hit my goal last time so I've got 13 total I'd like to lose.
  • Snow here this morning too. It was actually a pretty surprise as the sun came up to see it. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night working on a paper (it really wasn't that bad, but I got a nasty case of writers' block around 8pm and didn't get back into my groove until around 1am, ugh). Lots of caffeine today. 
    That is the one of my hold overs from grad school is that my best writing still usually comes late at night. Was hoping that would stop once I had a tenure track job. Coffee and water are your best friends today. 
  • Today is my Friday, YAY!  Tomorrow I'm getting my haircut and highlights refreshed.  I have to pick up cakes at 3.  In between I really need to clean the apartment, which takes all of a hour, whoot!  I'm debating on having any other snacks/food.  My dress came from RTR and is super cute and it's a 14W, which is quite the size change from 22W, so whoot again!  I'm debating running by the mall b/c it's really a flapper dress and I'd love to have a long necklace with it, but...the mall.  Ugh.
  • Can I also add how much I love Dear Prudie Day!

Have you done RTR a lot? I haven't but I'm thinking about it for an upcoming wedding. Any advice?
    VarunaTT said:
    Today is my Friday, YAY!  Tomorrow I'm getting my haircut and highlights refreshed.  I have to pick up cakes at 3.  In between I really need to clean the apartment, which takes all of a hour, whoot!  I'm debating on having any other snacks/food.  My dress came from RTR and is super cute and it's a 14W, which is quite the size change from 22W, so whoot again!  I'm debating running by the mall b/c it's really a flapper dress and I'd love to have a long necklace with it, but...the mall.  Ugh.

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    I have used the RTR service 4-5 times now.  I LOVE it and highly recommend them.  Their customer service has been fantastic when I've used it.  I've had to call twice to have new sizes rushed.  Another time I couldn't fit the return bag into the UPS box, so called them to let them know that I had to take it to the store the next day.  They waived the "late return" fee, no problem (it was also only $1, but still, I appreciated that they didn't even hesitate when I explained the situation).

You can pick 4 or 7 day rental.  I usually do 4 day, but I set it up so that i get the dress 2 days before the event.  If it doesn't fit, you still have time to call them and they'll rush you another size.  I always check the sizing chart of the designer online and take my best guess.  Read the reviews, if there are any, to see what other women have said about the fit for a good idea.  Also get the free 2nd size they offer.  They are always offering good deals and coupons too.  I've also rented jewelry from them and been very happy with the pieces I've gotten.  If you know it's a busy holiday weekend, rent early.  When I had a December event, I found my choices pretty limited.  
    That is the one of my hold overs from grad school is that my best writing still usually comes late at night. Was hoping that would stop once I had a tenure track job. Coffee and water are your best friends today. 
    Yup. I can't complain at all, since (1) it's my own fault I put it off, and (2), I'm really just very happy to be a student again, and kind of enjoy the intense study/ writing periods. Also, one of my good friends went into labor yesterday evening, so I was able to text with her for a while in spite of it being so late and share my excitement. Nothing like realizing your friend is pushing a baby out of her vagina to make pulling a paper out of your ass seem comparatively easy. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FH leaves tomorrow for almost 3 weeks so tonight is our last night together. I am nervous about him leaving because I didn't deal well the last time he left. Plan is just to keep myself busy with yard work, gym time, and yoga. 
    Now if only the weather would warm up or I will accomplish nothing but netflix.
  • I need to go get something for lunch. i ended up eating lunch so late yesterday that i didn't really have dinner. 

I feel really exhausted today - probably just because the eating was off and my routine has been off (I'm balancing a lot more) with DK out of town. 

DK comes home from CO tomorrow and I'm excited to see him. We have a date night planned (going to see Deadpool), so hopefully his flight gets in on time. 

Also, funny - MIL and FIL ended up seeing Deadpool on Monday. They thought it was a James Bond or Clint Eastwood - type movie, and were pretty surprised by the merc with the mouth. MIL was all pearl-clutchy "You wouldn't believe the language!" - I'll give them credit though, they stayed for the whole movie. 
  • I'm all over the place today. I cannot focus on anything except that it's half priced margarita day.

My stepdad's mom died this morning. This is the fourth death since got married. I'm certain that his horrible wife and bad decisions are killing us all.

H and I close on our first house tomorrow and I'm checking my email every 45 seconds waiting for the final closing disclosure so I can get the cashier's check and breath. The first one they sent was like $6,000 over their estimate from before and like $2,000 more than we have available. They assured me it's fine and the final number is lower but I'm freaking out. We're moving on Saturday and only like half our shit is packed. So we gotta do that tonight. H called saying that uhaul fucked up our truck rental. Can I take a nap yet? 

My sister, a friend and I are going to Detroit next week and my friend is trying to make plans (who is driving, when are we leaving, etc.) and I can't even think about that right now. Just decide and tell me.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • VarunaTT said:
    I have used the RTR service 4-5 times now.  I LOVE it and highly recommend them.  Their customer service has been fantastic when I've used it.  I've had to call twice to have new sizes rushed.  Another time I couldn't fit the return bag into the UPS box, so called them to let them know that I had to take it to the store the next day.  They waived the "late return" fee, no problem (it was also only $1, but still, I appreciated that they didn't even hesitate when I explained the situation).

You can pick 4 or 7 day rental.  I usually do 4 day, but I set it up so that i get the dress 2 days before the event.  If it doesn't fit, you still have time to call them and they'll rush you another size.  I always check the sizing chart of the designer online and take my best guess.  Read the reviews, if there are any, to see what other women have said about the fit for a good idea.  Also get the free 2nd size they offer.  They are always offering good deals and coupons too.  I've also rented jewelry from them and been very happy with the pieces I've gotten.  If you know it's a busy holiday weekend, rent early.  When I had a December event, I found my choices pretty limited.  
    That's fantastic, thanks @VarunaTT! All the reviews online have been good, but it's nice to hear from someone who has done it more than once. 
    Yup. I can't complain at all, since (1) it's my own fault I put it off, and (2), I'm really just very happy to be a student again, and kind of enjoy the intense study/ writing periods. Also, one of my good friends went into labor yesterday evening, so I was able to text with her for a while in spite of it being so late and share my excitement. Nothing like realizing your friend is pushing a baby out of her vagina to make pulling a paper out of your ass seem comparatively easy. 
    I laughed, loudly, in my office reading this! 
  • We had a crazy wind/rain/thunderstorm last night. And the poor dog (who LOATHES thunderstorms - and those ThunderShirts don't work for her!) was up for two hours trembling and trying to dig through the floor of our bedroom (which is on the 2nd floor). So H and I were taking turns trying to console her and are extremely exhausted today. 

And then I went to leave for work this morning and a branch from the oak tree in our front yard had fallen during the storm - nearly missing my car - and was stuck underneath my car (probably from the wind). So I had to leave later than usual after dislodging the branch from under my car - which meant that I missed the traffic "sweet spot" window and my commute was over an hour. 

And I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon that I am not looking forward to. And I feel bloated so really I just want to put on sweatpants and go to bed.

Luckily BBT is on tonight.
  • The sinus headache behind my eye finally went away. I'm going to go get my hair cut and colored after work. It needs it badly. My roots are like 1.5 inches long, I can't handle it anymore.

FI is having a bad day at work, so he complaining to me. I told him we could have a rumble in the Del Taco parking lot with the people who are pissing him off at work. He thought that was funny and it made him feel a little better. But if the upper management doesn't realize soon that some of the new hirers are completely incompetent, I think FI might flip.

OH and that stupid wellness thing I had to do last month? Apparently I met the BMI requirements and am getting a second gift card for it. So there is that I get to look forward to. Now I just have to make it to HR and pick the damn thing up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm all over the place today. I cannot focus on anything except that it's half priced margarita day.

My stepdad's mom died this morning. This is the fourth death since got married. I'm certain that his horrible wife and bad decisions are killing us all.

H and I close on our first house tomorrow and I'm checking my email every 45 seconds waiting for the final closing disclosure so I can get the cashier's check and breath. The first one they sent was like $6,000 over their estimate from before and like $2,000 more than we have available. They assured me it's fine and the final number is lower but I'm freaking out. We're moving on Saturday and only like half our shit is packed. So we gotta do that tonight. H called saying that uhaul fucked up our truck rental. Can I take a nap yet? 

My sister, a friend and I are going to Detroit next week and my friend is trying to make plans (who is driving, when are we leaving, etc.) and I can't even think about that right now. Just decide and tell me.

I'm sorry to hear about your stepdad's mom!

When I closed on my last property, they didn't give me the final closing disclosure until ONE hour before closing started!!!  It was crazy.  In fact, I'd been planning to get the cashier's check during my lunch hour that day, but I couldn't because they hadn't given me the total yet.  I ended up being about 10 minutes late to the closing because I had to stop at my bank on the way there (I'd been coming from work).

Good luck with the closing and all the moving.  It's such an ordeal, but so worth it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards