Connecticut

Wedding Venue Help

MeganMarie271MeganMarie271 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2015 in Connecticut
Hello Brides! I am located in the Ledyard area and I am looking for a wedding venue within The New London county, willing to travel within an hr ride. Looking for an affordable wedding venue if possible less than $100pp. I really like the rustic, country, outdoor look. something not ballroom if possible. Having a hard time trying to find something that is not $150 a person. All help & recommendations are appreciated!

Re: Wedding Venue Help

• I don't know pricing but look up Priam Vineyards in Colchester.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you for the suggestion! I thought I recognized the name of Priam Vineyards but couldn't pinpoint from where. I searched my emails & found that I had contacted them when I first got engaged and the prices for off season started around $170 a person! It's a beautiful venue and at the same time crazy overpriced.
  • Old Sturbridge Village! The packages I looked at started at $73 per person and I think there is an off season rate lower than that.  Within an hour of the New London area I believe. There is also Wright's Mill Farm but I wasn't very impressed with them.
  • What about the Inn at Mystic?   I don't know how much it cost but it's lovely and kind of rustic.   From what I see in the New London area, you're going to spend more if you go with a place like the Eolia Mansion at Harkness or Branford House but other locations may be more affordable since they have their own kitchen, tables, linens and silverware. 
  • Knottie, I think you have your counties wrong. Old Sturbridge is in Massachusetts. New London county is down near Rhode Island and the Long Island Sound...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just went to a FABULOUS wedding at the Thames Club in New London.  It was perfect and the venue rental was only 500.000  and maybe 100.00 per person.  The ceremony was a a beautiful outdoor area called "The Hygenic".  So beautiful. 
  • Sorry...just answered the OP as the venue is about an hour from New London. I lived in NL as well and made the commute quite often. :)
  • KnotConciergeKnotConcierge Venue Concierge
    First Comment
    Hi ladies!

Have you checked out Venue Concierge by The Knot? This is a free service that helps brides like you find their dream wedding venue.

We have experts in each city that will work one on one with you and recommend gorgeous venues in your area. Jennifer is our Connecticut expert, and she would love to help you! Feel free to email her directly at jennh@theknot.com or head over to theknot.com/concierge for more info.

Let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck!!

XO,
    Molly
  • banana468 -- Eolia Mansion at Harkness is beautiful... It just too far for me. is that your venue?
  • We got married at Eolia Mansion in Harkness, Waterford! loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards