Wedding Woes

Crappy Thursday - whining inside

tawillerstawillers member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2016 in Wedding Woes
Yesterday was the worst day.

DH and I are now being treated for strep.  DH is much worse than I am.  He could not get off the couch at all yesterday.

I had to take all 3 kids to the dentist.  Son and DD2 have cavities.  Great.

On my way home, while driving all 3 of my children, my passenger brake line goes out.  I have to jam the brake all the way to the floor just to start to slow down.  I did get us home and then called for roadside assistance that I forgot we had with insurance.  At least we could wait at home for the tow and not the side of the road, I guess.

I slept 2 hours last night and spent the rest of it trying to keep DH's temp under 103.6.  He was absolutely miserable.

DH and DD1 are home today.  I have to take DD2 to kindergarten round up later this morning and then to school this afternoon.  No time for a nap.

ETA:  Thank goodness for my FIL.  He came into town to see if he could help with the van and ended up going to get supper for all of us while I waited for the tow.  He was a huge help.

Re: Crappy Thursday - whining inside

• BOO Taw!  That's awful.  I hope Rx kick in for all and everyone starts to feel better.  And the brake thing sounds terrifying. 

I'm glad it's just me sick.  I just have to take care of myself and I'm not even bad off this time.  That said, I do think I'm going to take the afternoon off.  I was up starting at 2am and just coughing all sorts of shit up.  My throat is sore and feels like there's a golf ball in there. 

DH and the kids are going to FIL's for the night Friday.  I have to work Saturday.  I wish I felt better and wanted to go have drinks with a friend or something.  But I guess I'll just be bingeing House of Cards. 
  • Yuck!!! So sorry you guys are so sick @tawillers and @mrs.conn23. That sucks.

I'll join the whine fest. Yesterday was just a horrible day at work. I am beginning to like my job less and less. Our bank got bought out by another bank in November, and they are making so many changes it's hard to keep up with it all. I am currently having to redo 2 days worth of work because my boss's boss changed the procedure for part of my job and one of our huge clients hated it.

I woke up in the middle of the night nauseous. Trying to decide if it was stress or dinner or a combination of both. I'm at work now, and I feel ok, but I don't really have an appetite.

• I'm sorry, taw.  All of that sucks.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon and that your car is okay.  Get some sleep, when you can.

Work begins on my beloved car today.  Turns out that in addition to the visible scratch, he bent my impact bar.  "No damage" my ass.  But 50/50 we might have it back by the weekend, so I'm hopeful.  The body shop is actually 10 minutes from my office, and I already told DH that the second my car is ready, I'm on my way.  I don't care if I have to ditch the Civic there and return for it later. 

Got DS's hair cut last night (it was getting poofy, with his curls he was starting to look like a sheep).  Afterward, took the kids to Salsarita's since it was right there.  DS was in top Terrible Twos form:  "I no want water, I want lemonade!  NO LEMONADE, I want WATER!"  [tears]  Then he pooped his Pull-Up, and I was halfway out of my seat to run to the car for Pull-Ups and wipes when I remembered that they were all in my car.  In the shop.  D'oh.  He's crying because he wants to be cleaned up, DD is saying "Mommy, my other tooth came out!  Look Mommy!  Mommy, there's blood on my quesadilla!  Mommy, I dropped my tooth!  Mommy, can you help me find my tooth?  I think it's on the floor."  Good times.

Took DS to the restroom and cleaned him up, and then of course he was hanging out on the toilet.  When I asked if he was done, he said "No, I have to go potty!"  But he was really just sitting there playing with his junk.  It was one of those bathrooms where the whole room is the bathroom, it didn't have stalls or anything.  DD was at the table by herself, and our table was near the restroom, but I was still anxious to wrap things up.  Then I heard someone jiggling the door handle, so I tried to move DS along.  "Let's finish up, someone else needs a turn to use the bathroom."  OMG, that made him furious.  "No!  No, Someone Else, you...you not me bathroom.  It's MY turn.  Go 'way, Someone Else!"  Finally got him fully dressed and hands washed, returned to the table, and found out it was Wooz jiggling the door handle "because you were gone so long."  At least she found her tooth.  DS was still salty with me because he wanted to flush a couple dozen more times.

Got home and DH had just gotten home.  "Did you bring me a burrito?"  I meant to, I really did, but...no.  I told him I would run out and get one if he put the kids to bed while I was gone.  He did not take me up on it.   
  • I'm officially sick. I have no voice and I feel like shit. FI is staying away (jerk). Although I completely understand because of his autoimmune disease, he is still a jerk because I want to cuddle and have someone take care of me. Oh well, hopefully I'll be better soon. I came into work this morning to do a couple things and then I'm going to go home and go back to bed.

Today is FI and my 3 year dating anniversary and the plans we had for tonight have been put on hold until I get better.

I think we need to change the board name to "The Sickies", just saying.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *looking up at previous posts*  I'm kinda sleepy because I stayed up too late playing Politics Against Humanity, which was a little too real and highly hilarious.  And it's my Friday.  My life feels easy peasy right now.  :smile: 
  • Heffalump said:

Got home and DH had just gotten home.  "Did you bring me a burrito?"  I meant to, I really did, but...no.  I told him I would run out and get one if he put the kids to bed while I was gone.  He did not take me up on it.   
    What an ass. (him, not you)

My FWP:
    DK's company is dragging their feet re: performance reviews/compensation changes/bonus amounts/etc. He's overdue for a pretty significant raise (he asked for 40% and gave them the market data to back it up), and his boss says he will be "very happy " with the increase he's getting - but he won't give him anything beyond that. DK also has direct reports that he can't give any info to. It's less than 2 weeks until stuff is supposed to clear, so it would be nice to know what to expect.

i feel tired this week. I'm happy that tomorrow is my Friday off (I worked the last one i was supposed to have off, and i'll be working on the next one). I'm getting a massage and going to see "How to be Single" if it's still at the theater.

• ThxSugarThxSugar member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    I am so thankful it is finally Thursday, it almost feels like Friday. I am pumped for this weekend, then another stupid work week, then a weekend of free time to relax/pick up the house before FH comes home. If I can just make it through next week, I will be golden. 

FSIL's family is in quarantine (not actually) since her son and husband have the flu and her daughter has a stomach virus. It started 2 weeks ago. Idk how she has managed to stay healthy but I am happy they are 5 hours away so I tempted to help. As a person who hasn't been sick in like 6 years, even then I wasn't really sick I was just babying myself so I wouldn't get sick, I hope my kids get my immune system.

ETA: I feel for all you ladies. I am sending healthy vibes your way. For you, your children, husbands, and vehicles.
  • *Barbie* said:
    Heffalump said:

Meh, if we stop off I usually bring him something.  Once he heard about our adventures, he got some beef stew from the fridge.
  • Heffalump said:
    *Barbie* said:
    Heffalump said:

Meh, if we stop off I usually bring him something.  Once he heard about our adventures, he got some beef stew from the fridge.
    ok, that's a reasonable reaction. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    sprays Lysol and takes a step back.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Played cards with a group of women I don't know exceptionally well last night.  One I don't care much for.  She's one of those old women that speaks her mind about everyone and is a complete and utter know it all.  I was stuck at her table all night too.  There were some really fun people though and I did laugh a ton. 

I was chatting with the host.  She asked what I did- mostly stay home, marginally be a remote personal assistant.  She was asking lots of questions, what I did before, what all I do for them now, how it works blah, blah.  Turns out she and her husband own a larger HVAC company.  They've got several homes, their own plane, blah, blah.  She asked if I'm looking for more work......

I'm stoked for the weekend- Bunco, escape room, I think I'm going to do some shopping!!!
  • Sorry to hear you're all sick! 

No real complaints other that I had a super long day. Glad it's almost the weekend. My talk went well last night and we got some really interesting polling data on students opinions on the candidates so while H is at the gym I'm running models to see the trends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards