Attire & Accessories Forum

Day of Undergarments

I am getting married this summer in July. The wedding will hopefully be outdoors (yes, I have a back up AC that is actually at the same location just in case). 

My dress is a sweatheart neckline, super simple, super lightweight, and flowy. I am wanting some support, but I am afraid that whatever I order will be heavy and super hot. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to wear that would be lighter weight? I was looking at corsets, but they may be too bulky/heavy..?

Re: Day of Undergarments

• Depending on your size, some of the strapless longline bras from Woman Within might work. They look supportive but not as heavy as corsets.
  • would sewn in cups be an option or is there not enough structure?
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I got married in the winter, so my advice might be moot ;). Though it still got warm in the reception room when everyone was dancing.

I bought a corset bra from DB, when I bought my dress. I did not find it to be particularly thick or heavy, nor did I sweat in it.
  • my wedding day was 100 degrees when I walked down the aisle at 6pm.  I still wore a long line corset type bra under my dress and all was fine (Frederick's of Hollywood).  We were only outside for the quick ceremony and few pictures afterwards, and since it was later in the day we luckily had a nice breeze (and the venue had misters outside) so it did not feel that hot nor was not uncomfortable for me our my guests.  

Anniversary
  • kvruns said:
    would sewn in cups be an option or is there not enough structure?
    possibly, I would have to see when I have my fitting when it arrives in April. I think I would feel more comfortable with having something not sewn in.
  • I bought my strapless lace long-line bra from JCP and had no issues with it being too hot.  I've also gotten one of the David's Long-line bras and had no issues with it as well.  The proper fit goes a LONG way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards